BMC is a Magnet® recognized hospital – Join us and see why!Explore Opportunities
Who We Are
Named in the Boston Globe’s list of Top Places to Work, Boston Medical Center is one of the nation’s top academic research centers and largest safety net hospital in New England. Our unwavering commitment to providing outstanding, comprehensive healthcare to the communities we serve is at the core of what we do. Each day, our team of 1,700+ front-line nurses and nurse leaders in every corner of our system are advancing professional practice and delivery of evidence-based care to patients, families, and the communities we serve. We work every day to advance our care by investing in teaching, technology, facilities, and clinical excellence. To become a BMC nurse is an opportunity to be amongst the best.
Did You Know?
Nurses are an integral part of our clinical solutions.
Boston Medical Center nurses lead the advancement of healthcare while strengthening their discipline through new skills and innovations. Frontline nurses and leaders across our system drive professional practice and delivery of evidence-based care to patients, families, and the communities we serve. Hear more from our Chief Nursing Officer, Nancy W. Gaden DNP, RN, NEA-BC.
Nursing Career Development
- Scholarships: Available to assist the nurse in pursuing higher education or taking classes related to nursing, to further achievement of professional goals
- Up to $5,000 Tuition Reimbursement: Available for courses taken outside the institution, or for the pursuit of advanced degrees in the healthcare arena
- Specialty Certification: Staff is encouraged to become certified in their specialty, such as oncology certified nurses, med-surg, critical care and emergency nursing
- Up to $5,000 in Tuition Loan Repayment (pre-tax benefit): After satisfactorily completing 6 months of employment eligible for loan repayment when actively paying RN degree student loans (Associates or Bachelor’s degree in nursing)
Department of Nursing Annual Report
The commitment to patient safety, quality improvement, evidence-based practice and patient-centered care shines throughout the many exemplars in our annual report. We celebrate Nursing’s exceptional professional practice and are grateful to our team who are living our mission and values.
- 2020 BMC Nursing Annual Report, Covid-19 Edition
- 2019 BMC Nursing Annual Report
- 2018 BMC Nursing Annual Report
Experience the Boston Medical Difference
Our Professional Practice
- Boston Medical Center (BMC) nurses have developed and adopted a professional practice model that reflects the care the nurses provide to our patients and can be found in all that we do
- Our model provides a unifying framework that captures what matters the most in our nurses’ practice: commitment to patient-centered care, our care delivery model, and shared governance
- Using the patient-centered care model, over 1,700 nurses in our system are driven to prioritize patient needs and demonstrate and deliver exceptional care, without exception on a daily basis
Boston Medical Center requires all staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Flu.
Boston Medical Center is also requiring all staff to receive a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Join Our Talent Community
Join our Talent Community to stay up to date on our latest career opportunities!