“The health and well-being of BMC employees and their families is critically important to delivering on our mission, vision and achieving our goals. We hold ourselves to a high standard when it comes to delivering outstanding patient care, and we hold ourselves to that same standard and advocate for the wellness of our employees and their families.” – Lisa Kelly-Croswell, SVP/ Chief HR Officer.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that are comprehensive, flexible, and affordable. We hold ourselves to a high standard when it comes to delivering outstanding patient care, and our high standard of care is also applied to the selection, design, and delivery of your health benefits.
- Boston Medical Center offers three medical plans, so you can select a plan that best meets your needs.
- If you choose to receive your care at Boston Medical Center, we offer a free plan for employees and their family members.
- All of our medical plans include prescription drug coverage, with significant discounts for using Boston Medical Center pharmacies. You can also participate in an employee concierge program to have your prescriptions hand delivered to you while you’re at work.
- Flexible Spending Accounts help you pay for out-of-pocket healthcare expenses pre-tax.
- Coverage is available to employees who work 20 hours or more per week
- We offer two dental plans, with in-and out-of-network coverage.
- The Dental Blue network includes dentists across Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and beyond.
- We offer preventive and restorative services covered at 100%.
- We offer a comprehensive vision plan covering exams, contacts, and eyeglasses
We take a holistic approach to helping support your financial wellness. In addition to retirement, life insurance, and disability, we offer programs to assist you in estate planning, credit building, as well as casualty, property and liability needs. Employees can receive free investment advice on how to invest their retirement plan assets and participate in a free financial planning benefit.
- All new employees are eligible for our 403(b) retirement plan.
- BMC contributes to your retirement account after one year and 1,000 hours of service.
- In addition to basic life insurance, employees can purchase optional life, AD&D, and dependent life.
- Basic Long and Short Term Disability coverage is provided to all employees, with additional buy up options to ensure salary replacement when you’re unable to work.
- Financial services such as free financial planning, home-buying classes, and college investing plans are available to all employees
We know there’s more to life than the workplace, so we offer programs to support your whole life, whether you need help planning a vacation, a lawyer, or just a good night’s sleep. Rest and recreation are important values, so a generous time off program is provided. Additionally, resources including back-up childcare, senior care planning, an employee concierge program, and more are available.
- Our time off policy begins at 33 days per year for full-time employees and grows to 43 days over time.
- Our Employee Assistance Program and our onsite Resiliency Clinician, helps employees tackle challenges from stress to substance use to work conflicts.
- [email protected] provides resources for emergency child and elder care.
- Our Diabetes Support Program provides management education and free medication for employees and their dependents who are living with diabetes.
- Commuting benefits include discounts for MBTA passes, Zipcar, and Hubway. We even have secured parking for your bike with free annual bike tune-ups.
- Employee discounts are available for anything from amusement parks to home insurance to cell phone plans.