Public Health Nurse Practitioner
Location: Boston, MA
Post Date: 5/17/2023
This is a specialized role, funded under a Massachusetts Department of Public Health contract, to perform grant funded clinical services for STD Clinic patients with STIs, Hepatitis C, and for Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) patients. The licensed and credentialed Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides diagnosis, treatment, consultation, and follow-up under the direction of 1 or more physicians in the clinic. The Program Manager will be the supervisor. The NP will conduct assessments for sexually transmitted infections, including physical exams, and will prescribe treatments. The NP will conduct assessments for patients who may benefit from PrEP and prescribe treatments. The NP performs age and specialty appropriate physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines.
As an expert professional, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process, supervision of clinical practice, research involvement, consultative services, inter and intradepartmental liaison, education, leadership and patient care management across the health care continuum from preventative, acute care through discharge. The NP assists principal investigators in the development and implementation of clinical research for a specified study or project. Ensures that all projects are in compliance with all public health, state and federal agencies policies and procedures.
Position: Public Health Nurse Practitioner
Department: Research - Infectious Diseases
Schedule: Full Time
- Master's degree in nursing required.
- Completion of an accredited educational program for nurse practitioners required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts with authorization by the Board of Registration in Nursing to practice in an expanded role.
- Registered with the ANCC or other accrediting organization for Nurse Practitioners.
- Registered with the State of Massachusetts and DEA for prescription writing privileges.
- Current BLS and ACLS Certifications.
- Minimum of three years of current clinical nursing experience and two years experience in adult practice required.
- Prior experience in related clinical practice preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Expert clinical judgment and ability to be self-directive and demonstrate initiative in an expanded role.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Full command (verbal and written) of the English language.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of adult learning to provide effective patient and/or family education.
- Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
- Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with the various members of the health care team, patients and families.
- Computer proficiency inclusive of the ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information required.
- Physical ability to meet the core job responsibilities in accordance with the practice setting demands for the patient populations regularly served.
Req id: 28499 Apply Back to Top
+ READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION