Position: Senior Accountant
Schedule: Full Time
Under the direction of the Director of Revenue, Financial Operations, and Strategy, the senior accountant will be involved in multiple aspects of Department of Medicine's financial operations. The individual will be responsible for the processing of day-to-day financial transactions, general ledger reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, payroll management, monthly financial statements, preparation of tax filings, and assisting with the annual budget and audit processes.
This individual will work closely with all sections under the Department of Medicine, including 10 clinical sections and 4 research sections.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Streamline operations in the accounting office to achieve operational efficiencies.
Responsible for the coordination and timely completion of the monthly close including reconciliations for all appropriate accounts, i.e., cash, investments, bond funds, accounts receivable, etc.
Process monthly journal entries, including:
- BMC/BU miscellaneous accruals, and inter-company transfers to and from the institutions
- Payable and receivable accruals that are in transit between BMC/BU and the department
- Ensure all appropriate adjustments and/or reclasses are made on behalf of department administrators
- Reconciliation of fixed assets and depreciation
Responsible for providing interim draft financials (P&L, B/S, cash flow) for review in preparation for the final submittal for consolidation.
Provide timely and accurate monthly financial statements and related analysis as directed by Department of Medicine financial management.
Reviews and ensures that all payroll allocations are appropriate by updating payroll systems with employee distributions and information on a monthly basis. Reconcile and maintain payroll files for use within department and for annual auditing purposes.
Liaise with BU and BMC Payroll as well as department administrative directors on payroll related items (actual v. budget variances, allocation updates, bonus/additional payment processing).
As needed, process payroll related accruals as part of month end close.
Assist with establishing budgets for all clinical and research sections within Department of Medicine. Help in creating budget workbooks and templates using current year information as a basis point.
Review revenue and expense budgets for reasonableness compared to current fiscal performance.
Work closely with IT on any changes or upgrades to the general Ledger, as well as necessary system maintenance.
Develops and implements internal and external Accounting policies, procedures and controls under direction and approval of the Associate Director.
Responsible for preparing and providing all necessary analyses for the year-end Audit, as well as the timely completion of the Audit.
Perform other duties as needed.
Requires the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
Requires a minimum of 5 years accounting experience. Healthcare or Hospital accounting experience preferred but not required. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel a big plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills and diplomacy to interact and communicate effectively with different levels of hospital personnel.
- Must have superior computer experience on both a General Ledger System (INFOR & SAP) as well as comparable spreadsheet and word processing software (Microsoft Office Word and Excel).
- Must have strong analytical skills and be able to apply GAAP in a non-profit acute care environment.
- Must be exceptionally organized to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines and schedules;
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Must be a dedicated team player with the willingness and desire to learn and grow within the organization.
Req id: 21662 Apply Back to Top
+ READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION