Position: Dental Hygienist
Department: Roslindale Medical & Dental Center
Schedule: Part Time, 20 hours (Rotate Day, Evening, Night/ Weekends only)
Provides direct oral health screenings, promotes oral health education and literacy
Provide direct oral health screenings recording the presence of diseases or abnormalities
- Completes patient screening procedures; such as assessment of oral health conditions, review of the health history, oral cancer screening, head and neck inspection, dental charting and taking blood pressure and pulse;
- Takes and develops dental radiographs (x-rays);
- Removes calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all surfaces of the teeth;
- Applies preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and fluorides);
- Teaches patients and their families on appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling);
- Counsels patients and their families regarding good nutrition and its impact on oral health;
- Completes impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth used by dentists to evaluate patient treatment needs); and
- Performs documentation and office management activities.
Meets hospital-wide standards in the following areas:
- Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best
- possible customer service and patient care may be provided.\\
- Utilizes hospital's Values as the basis for decision-making and to facilitate the division's hospital mission.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures
Performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Graduation from an accredited dental hygiene school.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
A registered dental hygienist who has satisfied all conditions of licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and maintains a current license to practice in the Commonwealth.
Five years experience in the area of oral health education and promotion is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, a working knowledge of word processing and data base management and the ability to collect, organize and analyze data.
Req id: 21602 Apply Back to Top
+ READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION