Provides senior level development and support for Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) processes and utilities, including testing, implementing and maintaining EDI transactions. Handles communications with trading partners for EDI transaction set-up and ongoing maintenance, issue resolution and support. Monitors and oversees scheduling of daily batch production jobs including job scheduling as required, maintaining accurate records of all production processing, problem resolution/escalation, and daily request processing. This position will conduct secure transfer of information to and from outside vendors via FTPS, SFTP, or FTP and PGP encryption protocols.
- Serves as primary resource of knowledge and experience as a technical contact for internal and external stakeholders on any EDI-related issue.
- Monitors, audits and maintains interfaces between business systems to include interfaces between internal and external partners with key focus on external Electronic Data Interface (EDI) processes.
- Diagnoses EDI process problems of a complex nature, coordinating with other technical and/or business resources as necessary for assistance. Ensure and provide on-call application technical support for production EDI systems.
- Plays lead role in the development and execution of test scenarios and cases of new or revised program functions. Oversees and coordinates testing of application solutions, including functional testing, regression testing, and performance optimization.
- Plays lead role in the definition of requirements for EDI applications supporting the HealthNet Plan.
- Designs, develops, tests, and implements new software applications and EDI programs, maps, and processes through entire life cycle.
- Oversees EDI & batch processes day-to-day to identify and address problems as they arise and to track levels of activity, compiling and tracking metrics for senior management.
- Sets up and maintains the administration of production system batch processes, including setup, configuration, installation and scheduling using Tidal Enterprise Job Scheduler .
- Assists with FTP account configuration
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff. No direct Supervisory responsibilities.
- Indirect supervision is received weekly
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required.
- 6 + years experience in the development and/or support of software systems are required
- Experience with SQL and relational databases. Experience with multi-tiered client-server and web-based applications.
- Experience with EDI and data translation tools (preferably BizTalk).
- Some experience with Microsoft development tools, such as VB, VB Script, .NET or ASP.
- Experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
- Experience in Trizetto's Facets Product suite preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL 2016 or Oracle preferred.
- Experience with ActiveBatch or Control M Job Scheduler preferred.
Certification or Conditions of Employment:
- Pre-employment background check
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
- Knowledge of HIPAA transactions
- Knowledge of command language for MS Windows operating systems and related peripheral equipment
- Knowledge of VB scripting, Python, and Secure FTP Protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately interpret computer-issued error messages and take appropriate action
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Exhibits high standards of business and ethical conduct.
- Continuously works on improving knowledge and skills.
- Accepts challenges and takes initiative.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Req id: 21050 Apply Back to Top
+ READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION