Position: Staff Chaplain
Department: Chaplaincy Services
Schedule: Part Time
Provides spiritual guidance and support to in-house patients. Provides pastoral ministry and performs or arranges for religious services to meet the needs of patients and their families. Provides assistance to contracted staff and visiting clergy.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Provides pastoral ministry for in-house patients. Visits assigned patients, provides counseling and guidance.
- the psychological, social and spiritual needs of patients.
- Contacts the appropriate ministry (e.g. the archdiocese) at the request of the patient or family.
- Determines appropriate spiritual intervention, following up to ensure proper linkage with appropriate service outside the hospital for support.
- Provides consultation to hospital staff and other individuals on matters pertaining to the hospital ministry.
- Assists the director in supervising the day to day operations of the department of pastoral care and education.
- Participates in hospital and community committees as requested by Director.
- Provides on-call coverage.
- Follows established safety precautions and procedures in the performance of all duties in order to ensure a safe environment.
- Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Utilizes hospital's Values as the basis for decision making and to facilitate the division's hospital mission.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
Requires knowledge of counseling and clinical pastoral care, including training in human development and behavior, spirituality and religious practices common to the community generally acquired through the completion of a Master's degree in Divinity or Theology. Must have endorsement by a recognized religious body or authority.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Requires advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with various healthcare professionals, agencies, patients and members of the clergy.
Bilingual ability preferred.
Req id: 20828 Apply Back to Top
+ READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION