Position: Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Department: Emergency Department Trauma Center
Schedule: 24 Hours, Day: Sun, Mon, Tues - 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Utilizing clinical social work techniques and theory consults on, assesses, and intervenes with high-risk patients and their families regarding the impact/amelioration of emotional and social problems. Duties also include, but are not limited to, conducting psychosocial assessments, making a psychosocial diagnosis, planning and implementing effective treatments, evaluation, education, supervision, coaching, and mentoring of the patient (client) and family members. The position consults with, collaborates, and communicates with a wide range of social, governmental, and legal agencies, courts, schools, clinics, other hospitals, physicians, and other sources in the overall care of the patient.
- Completes biopsychosocial assessments and other specialized trauma assessments.
- Provides trauma-informed, strengths-based interventions on behalf of patients and families.
- Screens and assesses patients for needs regarding social determinants of health.
- Provides case management and advocacy on behalf of patients and families.
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary teams and community providers on behalf of patients and families.
- Provides brief, solution-focused interventions and develops safety plans with patients as needed.
- Uses techniques including motivational interviewing, reflective listening, and trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral treatment to support patients and families
- Provides crisis intervention and problem-solving support as needed.
- Provides information, referrals, and counseling relative to health issues, child/elder/disabled protective needs, intimate partner violence, end of life needs, community violence, substance use/abuse, disabilities, mental health concerns, and homelessness.
- Provides education, crisis intervention, and emotional support to patients and families as needed.
- Communicates effectively and proactively with various healthcare professionals and team members.
- Develops and maintains effective therapeutic relationships with patients and families
- Supervises graduate student interns as appropriate.
- Participates in social work committees.
- All LCSW full-time social workers receive weekly supervision.
- All full-time social workers are provided with group supervision.
Requires a Master's Degree from an accredited school of Social Work and experience with trauma-informed care.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Requires a Massachusetts license as a Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent English language skills to summarize and communicate orally and in writing moderately complex information in varied formats to internal and external customers.
- Cultural sensitivity and comfort with a wide range of racial and ethnic populations. Cultural competence is very important. Bicultural/Bilingual competency is a plus.
- Computer literacy with the ability to use standard word processing, spreadsheet programs, and e-mail (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Outlook), and web browsers.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment (sense of humor is valued).
Req id: 20760 Apply Back to Top
+ READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION