Position: Tax Site Coordinator
Schedule: Per Diem
As a Site Coordinator for our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site, in partnership with Boston Medical Center, opening in 2022, the Site Coordinator will oversee daily tax-site operations and collaborate with StreetCred staff to implement free tax preparation for income eligible patients, families, and community members for 15-25 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
Responsible for administrative duties:
- Attends tax trainings and Site Coordinator trainings in order to obtain IRS-required certifications
- Complies with all onboarding requirements specified by Boston Medical Center which might include a COVID-19 vaccination, flu shot, TB test, or vaccination history
- Manages onsite tax operations:
- Volunteers: Managing, scheduling, and supervising volunteer tax preparers; training volunteers in site-specific procedures; providing ongoing training and tax updates to volunteers throughout the tax season
- Clients: Assisting with client outreach, communicating with and scheduling clients, coordinating and overseeing the client intake process, managing client files
- Taxes: Overseeing all volunteer tax preparation and electronically filing all tax returns, to ensure return accuracy and that proper e-filing procedures are followed; troubleshooting technical issues and resolving rejected e-files
- Regularly updates and coordinates with Boston Medical Center staff and StreetCred Staff
Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided
Utilizes hospital's Values as the basis for decision-making and to facilitate the division's hospital mission
Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures
Performs other duties as assigned or as necessary:
Must adhere to all of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards.
(The above statements in this job description are intended to depict the general nature and level of work assigned to the employee(s) in this job. The above is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of accountable duties and responsibilities required).
JOB DESCRIPTION CHARACTERISTICS
Bachelor's Degree preferred. (*An equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility, may be substituted for the college degree).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Work requires one to three years of experience working in either nonprofit, public health, public policy, or comparable field. Prior VITA experience is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong professional demeanor.
- Proven ability to handle a multitude of tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative and handle multiple priorities.
- Strong administrative skills, proactive work ethic, excellent computer skills, attention to detail, working knowledge of general office equipment, passion for working with low-income, vulnerable, and underserved populations.
Req id: 20675 Apply Back to Top
+ READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION