Position: Dietary Aide
Department: Food and Nutritional Services
Schedule: Full Time, 40 hours (Day, Evening, Nights)
The Dietary Aide assists in the preparation service and storage of food. Assists with labeling food, portioning according to instructions, assembling food attractively on plates, and serving customers. Handles cash registers Cleans and maintains sanitary conditions in all assigned areas. May assist in catering events.
Assists in the preparation service and storage of food.
- Cuts, plates and serves food to customers.
- Portions food according to department standards and Supervisor's instructions.
- Assembles food attractively on plate according to department guidelines and direction.
- Handles food to ensure it is maintained at the appropriate temperature according to department standards and direction.
- Notifies Supervisor of temperature control problems when serving food.
- Notifies cook when quantities are low.
- Demonstrates knowledge of food being served, such as recipes and food identification.
- Labels food, accurately and legibly and places in proper food containers and wraps according to department guidelines as indicated.
- Transports food and supplies in appropriate vehicles or containers to ensure safe and in-tact arrival.
- Delivers food to the proper area within scheduled time frames.
- Maintains assigned department area in a clean, neat and sanitary manner.
- Cleans area according to department guidelines after each and prior to starting next assignment.
- Cleans thoroughly at end of shift according to established procedure.
- Completes special or detailed cleaning projects as assigned according to director and within given time frame.
- Disposes of trash and obvious clutter as needed to maintain an area according to established procedure.
- Follows established sanitation and safety procedures while performing assignments, including wearing gloves and hair nets and taking precautions to prevent the spread of food-borne illnesses. Follows established hand washing guidelines.
- Notifies supervisor of malfunctioning equipment upon observance.
- Maintains safety and sanitation standards of department to ensure quality food
- Operates and uses all equipment and supplies in a safe manner according to department standards.
- Records machine temperatures according to established policy.
- Operates Cash Register; follows and maintains all cash handling procedures according to department standards and Supervisor's instructions.
- Counts and verifies cash deposits with actual cash count; ensures security of cash and other assets.
- Answers phones in courteous manner, identifying self and department at all times.
- Routes telephone orders and messages in an accurate manner in accordance with department procedure.
- Contributes to the productivity and cost effectiveness of the department.
- Follows established procedures with services, supplies and equipment to ensure their effective, economical use.
- Assists in the orientation of new staff members in department by demonstrating basic duties of the job. Utilizes hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision making and to support the hospital's mission and goals.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- High school diploma or high school equivalent required.
- Related experience Preferred but not required
- Work requires demonstrated competence to effectively speak, read and write English.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must show courtesy and respect towards customers, patients and general public and work harmoniously with a variety of people.
- Knowledge of safe handling procedures, including hand washing hygiene
- Reasonable speed in performance of duties is required to ensure a positive dining experience for the customers.
Req id: 20421 Apply Back to Top
+ READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION