Position: General Service Associate
Department: Environmental services
Schedule: Full Time
Performs a wide range of building and environmental services to ensure that all facilities are operating at a standard that enhances quality of patient care. In addition to duties performed by a general cleaner, the general service associate may use industrial vacuum cleaners, scrubbers, buffers and or additional hospital approved equipment to perform work of moderate difficulty in installing, maintaining and repairing hospital equipment.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Performs project work including, but not limited to, floor refinishing, carpet extraction, etc.
- Maintains daily cleaning of assigned areas, by following approved hospital Cleaning Procedures.
- Maintains stock of all housekeeping supplies in assigned areas and maintains housekeeping closets and equipment.
- Prepares patient rooms for occupancy upon discharge or transfer.
- Performs daily floor care maintenance.
- Collects and disposes of trash and waste (both infectious and non-infectious) as needed.
- Transports all collected waste in the facility from the designated holding areas for disposal.
- Move furniture, boxes, etc. in order to clean.
- Installs, cleans, maintains and repairs all designated housekeeping equipment. Installs patient cubicle curtains.
- Receives and carries out instructions from supervisor on scheduling and prioritizing work assignments including function preparation, contingency response and extraordinary work assignments.
- Communicates to supervisor the need for repairs, etc.
- Performs all functions of the General Cleaner.
- Utilizes the hospital's Core Values as the basis for decision-making and to facilitate the division's hospitality mission.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
Performs related duties as needed.
(The above statements in this job description are intended to depict the general nature and level of work assigned to the employee(s) in this job. The above is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of accountable duties and responsibilities required).
Requires the ability to read, follow oral and written instructions in English at a level acquired through the completion of elementary school education.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED :
Work requires at least two years of cleaning or related experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Work requires knowledge of basic housekeeping practices and also an understanding of the policies and procedures of the hospital.
Req id: 20315 Apply Back to Top
+ READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION