Position: Community Health Worker - Role Coordinator
Schedule: Full Time
TEAM UP for Children is a pediatric behavioral health integration initiative in which Boston Medical Center (BMC) is working closely with community health centers in the Greater Boston area to collectively develop interventions that expand access to and quality of behavioral health care for children and families in an urban and multicultural pediatric setting. TEAM UP includes a Learning Community that combines clinical training with practice transformation support to promote implementation of the TEAM UP model of integrated care and ensure its long-term sustainability, as well as a mixed methods evaluation of the initiative.
The Community Health Worker (CHW) is a critical member of the integrated care team in the TEAM UP care delivery model.As such, the CHW Role Coordinator champions the role, defining and describing the scope of CHWs within integrated pediatric settings and the impact of their work on care delivery.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
The CHW Role Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all CHW-focused activities within the TEAM UP Learning Community, in collaboration with other members of the implementation team.This includes but is not limited to the following items:
- Collaborate with the clinical training team to plan and execute CHW-focused trainings and other Learning Community activities
- Coordinate the development of new clinical training curriculum and facilitator guides, including but not limited to content pertaining to multi-generational care during early childhood, strengths-based parenting, and childhood development
- Convene CHW forums to create a peer support network and space for shared learning, both virtually and in vivo
- Administer an on-line virtual forum for shared learning
- Provide consultation support to CHWs at TEAM UP health centers
- Collaborate on development of CHW role focused content for TEAM UP E-Course
- Collaborate with the practice transformation team to provide support for the development of the CHW role within TEAM UP, such as:
- Provide technical assistance to TEAM UP health centers in their efforts to implement the CHW role, utilizing a quality improvement framework that includes creating written guidance in the form of memos, worksheets, tools, and references
- Interpret and utilize data to support development and improvement of CHW workflows in partnership with CHWs and others at TEAM UP health centers
- Support on-site supervisors in providing adequate administrative and clinical supervision to CHWs
- Develop guidance to support CHW documentation practices and data gathering through the development of standard documentation templates within TEAM UP health centers' EMRs
- Support efforts to disseminate TEAM UP content and position TEAM UP as a thought leader in the field of integrated pediatric care, including:
- Augment TEAM UP's involvement in regional and state-wide CHW workforce development efforts
- Build relationships with CHW professional organizations such as MACHWA and the Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers
- Participate in TEAM UP's on-going advocacy efforts to ensure sustainability of the CHW role within primary care settings
- Contribute to all TEAM UP-related dissemination forums and activities, including the annual TEAM UP symposium
- Support evaluation activities in collaboration with the TEAM UP evaluation team, including but not limited to:
- Gather data through chart abstraction and staff surveys and interviews
- Participate in data entry, analysis, and interpretation of data
- Support other evaluation activities such as literature searches, creation of reference libraries, and creation of surveys through RedCap
- Support the day-to-day activities of the TEAM UP initiative, including:
- Perform office related duties such as picking up mail, categorizing and delivering mail, storing and distributing office supplies, handling faxes, scanning, filing, photocopying collating materials, maintaining the update of policy manuals, etc.
- Utilize hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision making and to support the hospital's mission and goals.
- Follow established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as needed.
JOB DESCRIPTION CHARACTERISTICS
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent combination of formal education and experience) required. Master's Degree preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
CHW Certification a plus
Minimum of 3 years prior experience as a CHW. At least 1year prior experience supervising CHWs strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to be self-directed, prioritize essential tasks and balance numerous responsibilities.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, including and ability to work with individuals from a variety of disciplines, and on a variety of levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Proficient with standard Microsoft programs (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web browsers.
Req id: 20027 Apply Back to Top
+ READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION