Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It's a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all-and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet - an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. Join BMC today and help us achieve our Vision 2030 which is a long-term goal to make Boston the healthiest urban population in the world.
Position: Student Intern COVID - 19 Biobank
Schedule: Full Time
Under the general supervision of the department director or manager, provides analytical and administrative assistance to department staff. Responsible for participating in project meetings as necessary, data collection & analysis, and other duties as necessary to support the successful completion of project / initiative work.
Duties may vary based on the department's need but may include projects such as updating content on the website, updating and maintaining databases and links, and providing general support to the department. Must learn and understand the basic principles and methods used in the department, always following established protocols.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Provides a wide variety of administrative and general support duties in assigned areas.
- Performs departmental and divisional related tasks as defined by director or manager.
- Collaborates with staff on special projects, prepares related spreadsheets and other documents as required
- Learns the basic project management methodology from the department staff to be aligned with the mission of the department.
- Participates in project meetings as necessary
- Completes data collection, data analysis and other duties as necessary for successful completion of the department's projects and initiatives.
- Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided
- Must adhere to all of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards.
(The above statements in this job description are intended to depict the general nature and level of work assigned to the employee(s) in this job. The above is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of accountable duties and responsibilities required).
Recent college graduate or Student enrolled in a related graduate or undergraduate degree program, preferably beyond a second semester junior.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must have the ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize duties
- Ability to work independently
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must have an interest in performing new and varied work assignments, and be flexible with regard to work assignments
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word is required. Knowledge or ability to learn Minitab.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality
Req id: 18778 Apply Back to Top
+ READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION