Position: Staff Nurse
Department: Pediatric Emergency Department
Schedule: 36 Hours, Evenings / Night
The registered nurse adheres to the rules and regulations of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing is primarily responsible for professional performance and direct patient care. The role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients and their families across the healthcare continuum. The registered nurse is accountable for clinical, educational, quality, and fiscal patient care outcomes using the model of care designed by the nursing department and following established agency policies, procedures, protocols, guidelines, and standards of practice
Graduate of a nursing degree program; BSN preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Licensed to practice professional nursing as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Requires current basic life support (BLS) certification. Some units may require Advanced Cardiac Life support (ACLS) certification.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Current basic cardiac life support certification.
• Basic computer proficiency is inclusive of the ability to access, enter and interpret computerized data/information.
• Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with various members of the health care team, patients, and families.
• Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
• Multilingual skills (beyond that of English) in languages appropriate to the patient populations served by the medical center preferred.
• Relevant clinical experience and/or specialty, certification required for certain practice areas, e.g., enters total therapy, epidemiology, peri-operative areas.
• Analytical ability to solve clinical nursing issues and conduct quality improvement research utilization projects.
• Ability to effectively delegate appropriate patient care activities.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the patient populations served.
• Physical ability to meet the core job responsibilities following practice setting demands for the patient populations regularly served.
• Ability to effectively manage stress due to critical issues related to patient care, changing organizational climate, and personnel issues.
Req id: 18562 Apply Back to Top
+ READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION