Position: Certified Pharmacy Technician I
Schedule: Per Diem
The Pharmacy Technician I is responsible for providing pharmacy services which include, but are not limited to, preparing and distributing pharmaceuticals, performing inventory control and compliance audits, providing customer service, and maintaining pharmacy records. The Pharmacy Technician I works under the direct supervision of the Pharmacists and/or the Pharmacy Technician Supervisor to ensure delivery of high quality patient focused pharmacy service.
Requires a high school diploma (or State accepted equivalency).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy or have a Massachusetts Pharmacy Intern License.
None required; 6 months - 1 year experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Work requires effective interpersonal skills to interact appropriately with hospital staff, patients, families/visitors, physicians, colleagues, and others.
- Ability to speak the English language, read, interpret and follow complicated verbal and written instruction with precision, accuracy and dependability.
- Additional language skills (beyond that of English) appropriate to the patient population served is very helpful.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize essential tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong match skills required; ability to perform work accurately and pay attention to details, including being able to perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, ratios/proportions).
- Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information.
- Must maintain the required level of competency to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Req id: 18248 Apply