Position: Certified Pharmacy Technician II
Schedule: Per Diem
The Pharmacy Technician II is responsible for providing pharmacy services which include, but are not limited to preparing and distributing pharmaceuticals, including Compounded Sterile Preparations (CSP), performing inventory control and compliance audits, providing customer service, and maintaining pharmacy records. The Pharmacy Technician II works under the direct supervision of the Pharmacists, and/or the Pharmacy Technician Supervisor to ensure delivery of high quality patient focused pharmacy service.
The Pharmacy Technician II is a fully-trained technician position designed to utilize and extend knowledge and competencies while performing pharmacy functions in the Central Pharmacy, OR areas, and IV rooms. This person must be self-motivating, have a strong work ethic, must support a healthy work environment through his or her actions, and must utilize the hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision making and to facilitate the department's hospital mission.
Requires a high school diploma or State accepted equivalency (GED). College training (AD, BA, BS) or technician training school diploma preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the MA Board of Pharmacy.
Must also have national certification (CPT) from Pharmacy Tech Certification Board (PTCB) or Exam of Certified Pharmacy Techs (exCPT)
Requires at least one year pharmacy related experience. (Experience may be waived for graduates of a formal technician training program or for students of Pharmacology).
Requires a minimum of six months of IV training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Work requires effective interpersonal skills to interact appropriately with hospital staff, patients, families/visitors, physicians, colleagues, and others.
- Ability to speak the English language, read, interpret and follow complicated verbal and written instruction with precision, accuracy and dependability.
- Additional language skills (beyond that of English) appropriate to the patient population served is very helpful.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize essential tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong math skills required; ability to perform work accurately and pay attention to details, including being able to perform general mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios & proportions).
- Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information.
- Must maintain the required level of competency to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Req id: 18244 Apply