Position: Off Shift Supervisor, Bed Control
Department: Critical Care
Schedule: 36 Hours, Evenings / Nights / every THIRD weekend, and rotating holidays (Mix of 8 and 12-hour shifts dependent on the needs of the department) .
The Off-Shift Nurse Manager is a professional nurse who functions as both an administrative and clinical leader to ensure patient-focused care consistent with the hospital mission, department goals, policies, protocols & procedures, regulatory requirements, and established standards of practice. The primary responsibilities include the coordination, direct supervision, and evaluation of personnel and nursing care, as well as management of fiscal and other resources during off-shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Requires graduation from an accredited baccalaureate nursing program; MSN preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Requires license to practice professional nursing as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Work requires basic cardiac life support certification; ACLS preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in recent clinical nursing practice with 3 -5 years of progressively responsible leadership experience. Previous management ability preferred.
- Requires analytical ability to solve clinical nursing issues, manage budgets, supervise staff and conduct quality improvement projects.
- Must have the excellent organizational skill to appropriately set priorities and efficiently complete work.
- Advanced verbal interpersonal and writing skills to perform required leadership duties.
- Basic computer proficiency is inclusive of the ability to access and enter data from computerized information systems.
- Work requires physical ability to perform core job responsibilities following the setting demands for patient populations regularly served.
Req id: 18138 Apply