Position: Specialty Pharmacist-City of Hope
Schedule: 40 Hour rotating Days/Evenings, Rotating Weekend
Under the supervision of the Director of Specialty Pharmacy - City of Hope, and according to department policies, and procedures, and guidelines, is responsible for the compounding and dispensing of prescribed pharmaceuticals. Responsible for checking all medication prior to dispensing and deliveries. Responsible for enrollment and ongoing prescription adherence follow up for all patients referred by pharmacy liaisons for Specialty Care Management. Responsible for comprehensive medication reconciliation with electronic medical record of each patient during prescription verification. Direct point of contact to provide pharmacy clinical support for all enrolled specialty clinics when needed.
Work requires a Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college of pharmacy. Advanced degree (e.g. PharmD, M.S. or MBA) preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Work requires licensure to practice pharmacy in the State of California.
Requires two to three years related experience. QS1 experience preferred. Specialty Pharmacy experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Work requires a comprehensive understanding of the procedures, systems, and equipment used by pharmacists and technicians in the pharmacy as well as a high level of proficiency in performing pharmacist's duties and responsibilities.
- Work requires a high level of analytical ability, organizational and personal management skill and focus to ensure the concerted approach to operations.
- Practice experience working with as well as revising and/or implementing information systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone communication skills.
- Professional in conduct and demeanor.
- Proficient with standard software used in healthcare office setting (i.e. MS Word, Excel, web browser, etc)
Additional experience/knowledge preferred:
- Knowledge and understanding of the federal funded 340B program highly preferred.
- QS1 experience preferred.
- Experience with Specialty medications preferred.
- Immunization experience preferred.
Req id: 18086 Apply