Position: Pharmacy Patient Liaison-City of Hope, California
Schedule: 40 Hour rotating Days/Evenings, Rotating Weekend
Boston Medical Center (BMC) provides a specialty pharmacy service to serve the complex medication needs of its chronic patients. BMC Specialty Pharmacy will provide patients who require specialty drugs a comprehensive service program that includes an on-site pharmacy staffed with a care team that includes: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Liaisons. The cornerstone of BMC's Specialty Pharmacy approach is an unparalleled level of integration with the clinical team coupled with highly personalized service, thus driving better outcomes at lower cost. The Pharmacy Patient Liaison is a unique role that provides integrated support to patients and pharmacists by providing a 'hands-on' approach to total quality patient care. This position is considered essential to the growth and maintenance of the specialty pharmacy business line and is considered at the core of supporting health system operating margin. Management of specialty patients and their drugs is done in a manner that is similar to management of sales accounts. This hybridized role is a unique combination of patient service delivery and business performance. The Pharmacy Patient Liaison works closely with patients to deliver a full continuum of medication adherence support by utilizing BMC's various tools and applications. Encourages patients of clinics to utilize BMC pharmacy to fully benefit from its superior patient care services. Given that the Pharmacy Patient Liaison may be located in a clinical area, seamlessly integrating with the clinic team (doctors, nurses, staff, etc.) is critical to the liaison's success.
- HS Diploma or G.E.D. required
- AA or BA preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Must be currently registered as a Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Intern with the Board of Pharmacy in California.
Technicians must have current active National Certification verified by PTCB or ExCPT.
Must have 4-5 years' of pharmacy experience
Pharmacy Interns - must be in their 2nd year
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required; as well as ability to communicate professionally over the phone.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to provide superb personalized customer service and to instill confidence and to advocate for patients; ability to explain required information to customers in a comprehensible manner.
- Other professional skills and qualities: organized, strong attention to detail, ability to self-direct through multitasking and prioritizing, dependable, empathetic, focused on quality service, goal oriented.
- Cultural sensitivity, understanding, and comfort with a wide range of social, racial and ethnic populations.
- Must practice discretion and confidentiality as position deals with highly sensitive and private data.
- Ability to understand, explain, and actively promote the hospital's objectives through direct coordination and commitment to the program's goals.
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in the departmental needs including but not limited to: offering assistance to other team members, adjusting assignments, etc.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook. Ability to quickly learn other relevant applications that support management of patient care and assigned responsibilities; and ability to extract necessary information.
Req id: 17913 Apply