Position: Vital Village Network Program Coordinator
Department: Vital Village Community Engagement Network
Schedule: 40 hours, Days
The Vital Village Community Engagement Network is a collective impact initiative to improve child well-being and prevent abuse and neglect involving three neighborhoods in Boston. The central goal of the Vital Village Initiative is to seed sustainable and scalable community change around child protection by mobilizing a collective investment from residents, community organizations and institutions using a strengths-based and trauma-informed paradigm. In 2016, Vital Village launched Networks of Opportunity for Child Wellbeing (NOW), a national network that aims to strengthen the capacity of local communities across the country working to improve early childhood systems alignment, equity, and child wellbeing.
The Program Coordinator will oversee day-to-day programmatic and administrative coordination of national capacity building activities for NOW Innovation Network, a national network of local communities seeking to promote child wellbeing and improve equity in child health and educational outcomes. Key deliverables include support with content development, preparing external communications, design and facilitation of partner workshops and events, technology, meeting/event documentation and coordination, and summarizing programmatic data to inform ongoing co-design. The Program Coordinator will play a key role in building Vital Village's collaborative network of cross-sector partners by providing quality and timely resources and tools through implementation of signature programming, including regular public webinars, podcast episodes, blog post, resource scanning and curation, and other capacity building activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
NOW National Capacity Building Program Coordination
- Coordinates key implementation activities to support NOW National Capacity Building projects. This includes providing administrative, logistical and other support for introduction, design, and implementation of workshops, webinars, and technical assistance coaching.
- Provides regular upkeep and maintenance of meeting memory, individual and collective project progress
- Coordinates with external partners and team members to support quality and timeline translation of Forum content and materials
- Contributes written content and external communications materials
- Provides content strategy and planning support, including conducting online and field research,
- Supports with monthly analytic reporting and indicator tracking/monitoring to inform program design and future content
Technical Assistance Coordination
- Participates in the design and facilitation of technical assistance (TA) to project partners
- Provides support in providing timely and quality TA to network members, including resource scans, online research, and partner connections.
- Provides support in collecting, organizing, and summarizing program data to inform ongoing program and capacity building design, including documenting and tracking technical assistance and resource requests
- Collaborates with staff to participate in planning and strategy development activities
- Manages day-to-day content development and implements engagement strategies through organization's various social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc). Prepares regular analytic reports to track progress and reach.
- Organizes and develops content for external communications platforms (Constant Contact, member newsletters, email, etc) in order to provide regular and timely information to network members. Support staff in preparing written and visual narrative materials, including blog posts, newsletters, handouts, and website content development.
- Monitors organizational email and contact platforms and provides timeline responses to questions and inquiries
Meeting and Event Coordination and Documentation
- Manages team and partner meeting scheduling and documentation, including notetaking, invitations, and meeting/video conferencing and technology tools.
- Provides support for meeting and event planning logistics, including food, travel arrangements, ordering supplies and equipment, printing, and other preparatory tasks
- Supports planning and implementation of annual National Community Leadership Summit
- Manages upkeep of project management and file organization tools, including Basecamp and Google Drive systems
Other Administrative and Programmatic Supports
- Providers other administrative and program coordination activities, as needed, to support key organization functions, such as data analysis, community programming and outreach, and grant reporting.
- Performs other duties as required.
Must adhere to all of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards.
(The above statements in this job description are intended to depict the general nature and level of work assigned to the employee(s) in this job. The above is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of accountable duties and responsibilities required).
Bachelor's degree required. A Master's Degree in Public Health or related field preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience coordinating projects and operations in public health, education, and/or working with underserved populations in school settings, or social service or community-based settings
- Experience engaging public health, education, and policy systems and social service, legal advocacy, and community-based programs
- Minimum of one year of experience collaboratively designing and facilitating group decision making processes
- Experience and familiarity with a variety of facilitation approaches including, but not limited to, human-centered design; Technology of Participation (ToP); and other participatory methods
- Collaborative leadership style, adaptability, growth mindset, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-focused, and ability to support multiple projects and timelines
- Excellent oral communications skills and writing ability, including experience writing newsletters, blogs, communications, and reports
- Previous experience with group facilitation, community outreach, community organizing, communications, event coordination, and meeting documentation
- Cultural sensitivity and comfort with a wide range of social, racial and ethnic populations. Commitment to equity and strengths-based community capacity building.
- Ability to approach projects through an asset-based, trauma-informed, anti-racist dignity and equity-based lens
- Knowledge of MS Word, Power Point, and Excel and video/meeting conferencing software is essential.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
Req id: 17628 Apply