Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It's a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all-and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet - an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. Join BMC today and help us achieve our Vision 2030 which is a long-term goal to make Boston the healthiest urban population in the world.
Position: Registered Nurse - Roslindale Med
Department: Roslindale Nursing
Schedule: Per Diem
In accordance with the American Nurses Association's "Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice," the registered staff nurse, under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager, is primarily responsible for professional performance and direct patient care. The role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients and their families across the health care continuum. The registered staff nurse is accountable for clinical, educational, quality and fiscal patient care outcomes using the model of care designed by the nursing department and in accordance with established agency policies, procedures, protocols, guidelines and standards of practice.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with an Associate's degree or Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN). BSN preferred. Candidates who do not have a BSN must be enrolled in a Baccalaureate program within 6 months of hire and must complete their BSN within 36 months of hire.
- Registration and current RN licensure in the state of MA in good standing required.
- Requires current basic life support (BLS) certification. Some units may require Advanced Cardiac Life support (ACLS) certification.
Additional certifications may be required for certain practice areas.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enters, and interpret computerized data/information.
- Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with various members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
- Multilingual skills (beyond that of English) in languages appropriate to the patient populations served by the medical center preferred.
- Relevant clinical experience and/or specialty, certification required for certain practice areas, e.g., enterstomal therapy, epidemiology, peri-operative areas.
- Analytical ability to solve clinical nursing issues and conduct quality improvement research utilization projects.
- Ability to effectively delegate appropriate patient care activities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the patient populations served.
- Physical ability to meet the core job responsibilities in accordance with practice setting demands for the patient populations regularly served.
- Ability to effectively manage stress due to critical issues related to patient care, changing organizational climate and personnel issues.
Req id: 17572 Apply