Position: Career Development Counselor
Department: Boston Center for Refugee Health and Human Rights and the Immigrant and Refugee Health Center
Schedule: 32 Hours, Days
Assists immigrants, refugees, asylum seekers and asylees at the Boston Center for Refugee Health and Human Rights and the Immigrant and Refugee Health Center to develop and follow through with their career development plan. Offers various career services including career related case management, job readiness training, resume development, education resource coordination, employment search and retention support, and referrals for job training, apprenticeship, relicensing, ESOL and digital literacy.
**Please include a cover letter with your application.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
Provide career case management, advising and/or coaching to individuals seeking assistance with career/education development and/or job search.
- Assist patients with navigation of the public workforce system and community-based training programs.
Plan, organize, and deliver Job Readiness Workshops
- Organize and manage outreach, workshop preparation, curriculum revisions and evaluation of outcomes.
- Teach periodic workshops and/or small group programs.
Coordinate education resources
- Provide guidance, referrals and follow up for educational resources.
Assist and support skilled immigrant with informed decision making when pursuing re-licensure in their professional occupation.
Assist and support immigrant and refugee patients during pre-employment job search with information on resume development and key skills to improve opportunity for economic mobility.
Provide vocational rehabilitation referrals to appropriate programs for clients with functional limitations or disability.
Perform other administrative and clinical task as needed (e.g. Attend clinical meetings, complete case notes for all interactions, submit grant reports, aid in search for funding, enter data into relevant databases, present at conferences)
Bachelors plus 1- 2 years relevant experience. (Associates plus 3+ years for applicants that have directly related experience and/or language skills that meet the needs of the patient population served).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Certified Workforce Development Professional; Global Career Development Facilitator; or Certified Career Services Provider. Any of these credentials are preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Familiarity with career coaching, career advising and/or workforce development with underserved or immigrant populations.
- Bilingual or multilingual skills in Spanish and/or Haitian Creole preferred
- Excellent verbal/written English communication skills including grammatical, editing and proofreading.
- Strong interpersonal and rapport-building abilities and emotional intelligence to motivate program participants and interact with potential and existing stakeholders and/or employers.
- Comfortable working with individuals from diverse, demographic, socioeconomic, and situational backgrounds.
- Resourceful, flexible, adaptable in problem solving using independent judgement.
- Proven ability to work with confidential information.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web browsers.
Req id: 17289 Apply