Position: Nurse Manager
Department: Maternal Child Health
Schedule: 40 Hours, Evenings - Tuesdays through Fridays (10 Hour Shifts)
Reporting directly to the ACNO for Maternal Child Health, the Off-Shift Nurse Manager for Maternal Child Health is a professional nurse who functions as both an administrative and clinical leader to ensure patient- focused care consistent with the hospital mission, department goals, policies, protocols & procedures, regulatory requirements, and established standards of practice. Primary responsibilities include the direct oversite for Labor and Delivery, Mother Baby and NICU staff during assigned shift and planning for upcoming shifts. Direct supervision of Perinatal Float pool. Provides appropriate level of clinical support, coordination, and supervision to staff in relation to daily patient care and flow operations.
Requires graduation from an accredited baccalaureate nursing program; MSN preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Requires license to practice professional nursing as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated expertise with at least 2 yrs. recent Labor and Delivery experience. Previous leadership experience preferred as demonstrated by committee, task force, and quality or Unit Based Council experience.
- Requires analytical ability to solve clinical nursing issues, manage budgets, supervise staff and conduct quality improvement projects.
- Must have excellent organizational skill to appropriately set priorities and efficiently complete work.
- Advanced verbal interpersonal and writing skills to work with interdisciplinary teams and staff.
- Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access and enter data from computerized information systems.
- Work requires physical ability to perform core job responsibilities in accordance with the setting demands for patient populations regularly served.
Req id: 17178 Apply