Job Description Summary
Under the supervision of several Principal Investigators (PIs), the Administrative Manager is responsible for planning and managing the overall execution of domestic and international research initiatives by the PI, including: developing and monitoring research budgets and expenses; ensuring study teams meet quality, budget, and timeline targets; implementing operational strategies and/or decisions (with input from study team and PI) in support of achieving research objectives; researching funding opportunities and supporting grant development process; supervising junior study staff, including study coordinators and research assistants; and advising on study design, launch, and implementation. An excellent candidate is somebody motivated by the opportunity to improve the lives of others through supporting impactful global infectious disease research.
Essential Responsibilities/Duties :
Report directly to the Principal Investigators (PIs).
Strategic Portfolio Management
- Aid in strategic planning for growth and direction of research portfolio. Work with PI to project and plan for growth. Recommend, create, and implement changes across portfolio.
- Support PI in prioritization of tasks and allocation of resources, including staffing resources, across projects.
- Assist with identifying funding sources and preparing grant proposals (literature searches, budget development, assemble supporting materials, write select sections, and oversee grant application submission).
- Provide program-level direction to study coordinators on the development of protocols, SOP/MOPs, data collection procedures, clinical and data quality management plans, data collection instruments, and training materials.
- Work with the research team to facilitate & ensure protocol adherence, data and clinical quality assurance activities, timely and accurate data collection, and timeline adherence to achieve study goals.
- Advise on the development and implementation of recruitment and retention strategies to ensure targets are met.
- Support the development of new research protocols, aiding in submission of new protocols, amendments, annual reports, etc. to the IRB, as needed.
- Develop and submit annual progress reports to external funding agencies/sponsors (e.g., NIH).
- Leads development of budgets/cost proposals for research grants (e.g., NIH).
- Perform regular budget tracking and forecasting across grants and accounts based on study progress, delays, enrollment, etc.; track and forecast salary coverage and support for PI and study staff.
- Work directly with Grants Management to track, review, and approve invoices from subcontracts and vendors.
- Function as a key liaison with funding sources and regulatory agencies. Ensures clear communication and compliance.
- Initiate subcontract, material transfer, and data use agreements, provide comments to drafts, and track and ensure timely execution of agreements.
- Work with PI to perform data analytics on progress across research portfolio; prepare communications on progress of and findings from studies to external stakeholders.
- Monitor guidelines and policies with the purpose of ensuring compliance with all government regulations, as well as maintaining alignment with the organization's mission.
- Coordinate weekly research meetings to review project status and progress, discusses group topics of concern. Schedules and leads other meetings, as needed.
- Lead the selection of qualified employees for employment following all policies, guidelines, and applicable laws, working with PI, department managers, and Human Resources.
- Responsible for effective personnel management including training, directing, chairing meetings, mentoring and instilling a commitment to quality and excellence.
- Monitors productivity and performance to identify and evaluate research team strengths and training opportunities in relation to operational effectiveness.
- Conducts employee performance evaluations and disciplines when appropriate to include termination, with appropriate supportive documentation as per established policy.
- Maintains personnel files for all assigned staff, including current CV, current job description, core competency ratings, mandatory education requirements, continuing education requirements, and yearly performance evaluation/goals and objectives.
- Maintains time off records; processes all payroll requests, action forms, time cards and vendor/sub-contractor billing.
- Assists with orientation and supervision of graduate interns (e.g. public health or medical students), residents and research assistants rotating through the department.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Adhere to all of the principles of RESPECT
Experience : Minimum of three years of related work experience required. Supervisory experience is desirable.
Req id: 17146 Apply