Position: Team Lead
Schedule: M-F Days
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision from the Operations Manager, is responsible for the optimal functioning of the Neurosurgery Department by ensuring patients receive quick access, excellent customer service, quality patient care and are referred to the appropriate sources. Responsible for facilitating patient flow through the clinic, coaching assigned staff and providing support to the Manager and the Department in matters pertaining to day to day Operations, Registration, Admitting Precertification, staffing, scheduling, and various productivity reports.
Provides leadership in complying with governmental, accreditation, other regulations/requirements, and with clinic policies. Maintains efficient patient flow from check-in to discharge in clinic. Oversees clinic support staff to ensure the following:
- Assists in overall monitoring patient flow, and monitors patients wait time.
- Obtains and reviews patient charts for instructions in order to implement patient's course of care.
- Ensures that the following tasks are complete across the department: reminder calls, no-show rescheduling, late cancel rescheduling
- Ensures clinical data, ancillary studies and referrals are in order for patient appointments.
- Establishes and maintains efficient communications between front desk and clinical personnel.
Functions as a coach to administrative support staff on technical, operational and policies/procedural issues. Communicates information, promotes excellence, quality care and cooperation among team members. Manages work flow and monitors quality of work of the support staff group to ensure an efficient operational flow, timely completion of assignments and adherence to department's standards and regulations. Partners with Operations Manager and physician leadership on the development and implementation of new clinical workflows. Distributes work load in a fair and equitable manner in order to meet departmental goals and ensure proper patient flow. Assists manager in determining appropriate work schedules to meet targeted goals; identifies problem areas and initiates changes in assignments, procedures, etc. Works cooperatively with team and takes appropriate steps to effectively resolve issues, seeking assistance from supervisor/manager when needed. Ensures that patients are directed to appropriate sites in a timely manner. Ensures that facility meets regulatory standards, as outlined by the hospital and Department of Public Health. Responds to patient inquiries, consulting with providers as needed. Coordinates Interpreter Services to minimize the interpreters' time spent in clinic. Assists in the onboarding of new hires and temporary staff when necessary Performs the duties of the administrative support staff within the department, as needed.
- Works on a daily basis denials via REQ's, TES edits, registration, billing and follow-up data, credit reconciliations, and audits of outside billing vendor. Monitor and resolve problem inquiries
- Schedules appointments and surgical cases and obtains and updates registration information, including demographic, insurance and referral source, as needed.
- Notifies and confirms patient appointments via mail and/or telephone, or coordinates this task with others.
- Assists referral source, subspecialist and patient with referral authorization.
- Prepares and reviews automated registration and appointment scheduling reports on billing edits, registration quality, patient no shows, etc. Provides feedback to manager regarding corrective action required.
- Monitors daily and weekly reports, including phone line statistics clinic fill rates, and OR block time utilization statistics. Reports out on those metrics regularly and motivates team to work toward improvement. Contributes new ideas to improve efficiency.
- Leads coverage of clinic phone lines and organizes coverage during lunch and peak hours.
Remains knowledgeable of and follows appropriate policies, procedures, and work rules, including but not limited to, policy regarding hours of work, absenteeism and tardiness. Provides feedback to manager regarding follow-up action or non-compliant issues. Maintains a complete understanding of emergency procedures. Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided. Utilizes hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision making and to support the hospital's mission and goals. Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures. Performs other duties as needed.
An Associate's degree in Business or related field (or equivalent combination of formal education and experience)
Requires at least three years of relevant work experience with one of the required years of experience in healthcare, customer service, managed care or medical insurance.
- Ability to mentor, guide and motivate direct reports through demonstration of best practices and leading by example.
- Excellent organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
- Ability to effectively speak, read, and write English.
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate in a courteous, pleasant and professional manner with patients, general public, staff members, outside agencies, and all other internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently and to make decisions based on department polices and established procedures.
- Demonstrated technical competency using standard hospital computer systems including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), web browsers, and hospital registration
- Must be able to maintain strict protocols of all confidential or sensitive information.
Req id: 16995 Apply