Position: Social Worker
Department: Palliative Care
Schedule: Per Diem
Assesses patient and family to ascertain those emotional and social problems. Utilizes the department's psychosocial assessment tool as a guideline.
Identifies those issues which must be addressed during the patient's care, and formulates plan.
Consults and collaborates with healthcare team members to insure that patient's emotional and social needs are addressed.
Provides for psychotherapeutic treatment and/or psychosocial support to patient and family to reduce the impact of identified problems.
Ensures that inpatient and family remain apprised, involved, supported and treated through prescribed clinical relationship through at least weekly contacts and whenever a change in care or plan requires more contact.
Utilizes Social Work technique and theory to assist patient and family in coping with illness or social problem to achieve improved functioning and emotional state.
Notes in medical record the exclusion of critical patient information and its availability.
Complies with departmental, regulatory and professional requirements for documentation recording, and data collection.
- Requires Master's Degree from an accredited school of Social Work.
- Requires a Massachusetts Licensed Certified Social Worker
- Requires level of knowledge of Social Work process and community resources and agencies in relation to health, illness, and disability, generally acquired through one to two years on-the-job training.
- Knowledge of community resources and agencies that serve the children and families.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with various healthcare professionals, to develop and maintain effective therapeutic relationships with patients and families, and to supervise graduate students.
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic work environment (sense of humor is valued).
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Cultural sensitivity and comfort with a wide range of racial and ethnic populations. Bicultural/Bilingual competency a plus.
- Computer literacy with ability to use standard word processing, spreadsheet programs and e-mail (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Outlook) and web browsers.
Req id: 16804 Apply