Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with an Associate ' s degree or Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN). BSN preferred. Candidates who do not have a BSN must enroll in a Baccalaureate program one year from date of hire and must complete their BSN by the end of the semester in which the four year anniversary of employment at BMC occurs.
Registration and current RN licensure in the state of MA in good standing required.
Requires current basic life support (BLS) certification. Some units may require Advanced Cardiac Life support ( ACLS) certification.
Additional certifications may be required for certain practice areas
- Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enters, and interpret computerized data/information.
- Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with various members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
Multilingual skills (beyond that of English) in languages appropriate to the patient populations served by the medical center preferred.
- Relevant clinical experience and/or specialty, certification required for certain practice areas, e.g., enterstomal therapy, epidemiology, peri-operative areas.
- Analytical ability to solve clinical nursing issues and conduct quality improvement research utilization projects.
- Ability to effectively delegate appropriate patient care activities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the patient populations served.
Physical ability to meet the core job responsibilities in accordance with practice setting demands for the patient populations regularly served.
- Ability to effectively manage stress due to critical issues related to patient care, changing organizational climate and personnel issues.
Family planning experience preferred.
Ambulatory/outpatient obstetrics & gynecology experience preferred.
Req id: 16798 Apply