Position: Medical Surgical RN
Schedule: 36 Hour Nights, Every Other Weekend
The registered nurse, adheres to the rules and regulations of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing. is primarily responsible for professional performance and direct patient care. The role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients and their families across the health care continuum. The registered nurse is accountable for clinical, educational, quality and fiscal patient care outcomes using the model of care designed by the nursing department and in accordance with established agency policies, procedures, protocols, guidelines and standards of practice
Graduate of a nursing degree program; BSN preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Licensed to practice professional nursing as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Requires current basic life support (BLS) certification. Some units may require Advanced Cardiac Life support ( ACLS) certification.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Current basic cardiac life support certification.
- Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enters, and interpret computerized data/information.
- Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with various members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
Multilingual skills (beyond that of English) in languages appropriate to the patient populations served by the medical center preferred.
- Analytical ability to solve clinical nursing issues and conduct quality improvement research utilization projects.
- Ability to effectively delegate appropriate patient care activities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the patient populations served.
Physical ability to meet the core job responsibilities in accordance with practice setting demands for the patient populations regularly served.
Req id: 16721 Apply