Five 8 hour days
*An exception would be to rotate every 4th Saturday.
In accordance with the American Nurses Association's \"Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice,\" the registered staff nurse, under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager, is primarily responsible for professional performance and direct patient care. The role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients and their families across the health care continuum. The registered staff nurse is accountable for clinical, educational, quality and fiscal patient care outcomes using the model of care designed by the nursing department and in accordance with established agency policies, procedures, protocols, guidelines and standards of practice.
- Bachelor's of science degree program; BSN preferred.
- Licensed to practice professional nursing as a registered staff nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Current basic cardiac life support certification is required. Additional certifications may be required for certain practice areas.
- Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enters, and interpret computerized data/information.
- Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with various members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
- Relevant clinical experience and/or specialty, certification required for certain practice areas, e.g., enterstomal therapy, epidemiology, peri-operative areas.
- Analytical ability to solve clinical nursing issues and conduct quality improvement research utilization projects.
- Ability to effectively delegate appropriate patient care activities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the patient populations served.
- Physical ability to meet the core job responsibilities in accordance with practice setting demands for the patient populations regularly served.
- Ability to effectively manage stress due to critical issues related to patient care, changing organizational climate and personnel issues.
- Multilingual skills (beyond that of English) in languages appropriate to the patient populations served by the medical center preferred.
Req id: 16581 Apply