- Prepare or supervise the preparation of medication
- Verify all patient information before filling a prescription
- Compound prescribed medications, package and label Performs quality checks on prescriptions for correct dosage, drug interactions, etc.
- Provide consultation to customers upon filling a prescription.
- Dispense medical and surgical products as prescribed
- Record prescriptions dispensed; including poisons, narcotics and other restricted drugs
- Perform order entry of prescriptions into the pharmacy management systems (QS1, etc.)
- Complete enrollment and on-going adherence follow-up for patients referred by pharmacy liaison for Specialty Care Management.
- Complete comprehensive medication reconciliation with electronic medical record during prescription verification process.
- Provide pharmacy clinical support for all enrolled specialty clinics when needed.
- Supervises pharmacy staff including customer service representatives and pharmacy technicians in accordance with federal, state, and other applicable laws and regulations. Responsible for checking all medication prior to dispensing and deliveries. Provides training, orientation, re-assigns staff as needed for optimal operations.
- Provides direction and development to pharmacy staff by coaching, identifying training gaps, assigning progressively challenging tasks, and assisting in career development.
- Contact physicians and benefits providers as necessary to process a prescription
- Complete third-party insurance forms and other paperwork
- Provide a professional and confidential environment for customers at all times
- In all activities comply with accreditation, legal, regulatory, and safety requirements, including DEMPOS (billing, dispensing and training).
- Provides drug education and counseling to patients as outlines in department policies and procedures.
- Provides in-service education to pharmacy staff, students, nurses, physicians and other healthcare practitioners, as needed.
- Attends and participates in department staff development conferences or other activities related to staff development.
- Develops competencies as related to position. Maintains own professional and specialized competency through continued education: attendance of at least one regional or national meeting per year.
- Meets hospital-wide standards in the following areas:
- Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided.
(The above statements in this job description are intended to depict the general nature and level of work assigned to the employee(s) in this job. The above is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of accountable duties and responsibilities required).
Work requires a Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college of pharmacy. Advanced degree (e.g. PharmD, M.S. or MBA) preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Work requires licensure to practice pharmacy in the State of California.
Requires two to three years related experience. QS1 experience preferred. Specialty Pharmacy experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Work requires a comprehensive understanding of the procedures, systems, and equipment used by pharmacists and technicians in the pharmacy as well as a high level of proficiency in performing pharmacist's duties and responsibilities.
- Work requires a high level of analytical ability, organizational and personal management skill and focus to ensure the concerted approach to operations.
- Practice experience working with as well as revising and/or implementing information systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone communication skills.
- Professional in conduct and demeanor.
- Proficient with standard software used in healthcare office setting (i.e. MS Word, Excel, web browser, etc)
Additional experience/knowledge preferred:
- Knowledge and understanding of the federal funded 340B program highly preferred.
- QS1 experience preferred.
- Experience with Specialty medications preferred.
- Immunization experience preferred.
Req id: 16515 Apply