ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Serves as the key administrative support for the Care Continuum core ensuring that training and technical assistance operates in an effective, efficient, and professional manner.
- Acts as liaison between study cores.
- Provides administrative support to TTA teams within the Care Continuum Core the study cores, including, but not limited to: scheduling meetings and events, taking meeting notes, following up on meeting-generated tasks, preparing documents, spreadsheets and presentation slides.
- Assists in drafting correspondence and documentation of professional quality. Edits and proofreads all written materials for all documents and reports prior to submission/distribution.
- Maintains study calendars accurately with particular attention to preventing scheduling conflicts.
- Organizes and coordinates recurring and individual meetings or committees, including reserving conference rooms, sending and tracking invitations. Sets up room and equipment for trainings (such as conference calls, audio-visual equipment, projector, etc., as needed).
- Prepares meeting agenda; prepares and distributes information packages required for meetings. Takes and prepares minutes of meetings. Ensures that minutes and other written documents are professional and accurate.
- May perform office related duties such as picking up mail, categorizing and delivering mail, storing and distributing office supplies, handling faxes, scanning, filing, photocopying collating materials, maintaining the update of policy manuals, etc.
- Provides research and administrative support for special projects, preparing grant proposals, processing background checks for potential new hires and follow-up on projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as needed.
- Assists in the preparation and submission of grant proposals and progress reports to the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Contributes to the preparation and submission of research manuscripts to journals (e.g., editing, organizing references, online submission). Conducts literature reviews for use in publications and maintains a reference database
- Develops PowerPoint presentations for research presentations
- Oversees/coordinates specific projects; provides leadership in project management; gathers deliverables from required constituents; tracks, analyzes, and makes recommendations or raises concerns on status reports, issue resolution, and program actual against project charter, budget, and/or plan.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of office supplies and equipment.
- Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilizes hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision-making and to support the department's and the hospital's goals.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Participates in staff meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Participates in ongoing team building and cultural humility training programs.
- Follows all hospital procedures regarding patient confidentiality, hospital infection control and safety.
- Able to travel between and within the 16 intervention communities across Massachusetts.
- Possess current driver's license.
- Can work virtually via tele-technology during pandemic restrictions.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends when required.
Must adhere to all of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards.
(The above statements in this job description are intended to depict the general nature and level of work assigned to the employee(s) in this job. The above is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of accountable duties and responsibilities required).
JOB DESCRIPTION CHARACTERISTICS
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent combination of formal education and experience) required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Program Assistant experience is preferred (preferably 2 or more years).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Familiarity with clinical research, addiction, or public health is a plus.
- Requires strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications-Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint; E-mail. Web/Internet. Ability and willingness to become proficient with project management and networking applications (e.g. Box.com., Zoom.us).
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated; excellent problem-solving skills; takes initiative to anticipates problems; seeks solutions proactively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff.
Req id: 16381 Apply