The Nurse Practitioner-Psychiatry, is responsible for providing care for psychiatric evaluations, individual and group psychotherapy and psychopharmalogical evaluation and treatment. As an expert professional, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process, supervision of clinical practice, research involvement, consultative services, inter and intradepartmental liaison, education, leadership and patient care management across the health care continuum from preventative, acute care through discharge.
Master's degree in nursing required. Completion of an accredited educational program for nurse practitioners required, with specialization in child or adult mental health.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts with authorization by the Board of Registration in Nursing to practice in an expanded role.
- Registered with the ANCC or other accrediting organization for Nurse Practitioners with certification in child or adult mental health.
- Registered with the State of Massachusetts and DEA for prescription writing privileges.
- Current BLS and ACLS Certification.
Minimum of three years of current clinical nursing experience and two years experience in adult practice required. Prior experience in Psychiatry preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Expert clinical judgment and ability to be self-directive and demonstrate initiative in an expanded role.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Full command (verbal and written) of the English language.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of adult learning to provide effective patient and/or family education.
- Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
- Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with the various members of the health care team, patients and families.
- Computer proficiency inclusive of the ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information required.
- Physical ability to meet the core job responsibilities in accordance with the practice setting demands for the patient populations regularly served.
Req ID: 16376Apply