- Oversees Public Safety operations as assigned by the Manager of Public Safety Operations.
- Continuously monitors activities of the Public Safety staff as well as control center technicians and parking and transportation services on off hours.
- Assists staff when necessary and works in collaboration with other management to ensure all operations reflect consistent service delivery to faculty, staff, students, patients and visitors.
- Makes regular tours and spot checks of assigned area of responsibility.
- Meets regularly with the Operations Manager and Director of Public Safety in order to ensure that management is informed of all incidents and activities.
- Supervises and organizes activities in order to fulfill the goals and objectives of the Public Safety Department through the creation or revision of policies and procedures.
- Assists in developing Quality Assurance Programs on an annual basis.
- Assists with implementing reporting procedures and mechanisms to provide for compliance with JC and other applicable regulatory standards.
- Ensures the development and collection of all necessary records, reports, statistics, files as required including incident profiles and reports submitted to the Security Investigative Unit and various committees.
- Enforces all hospital and school(s) policies including the visitor control and access policy.
- Monitors all assigned operations.
- Ensures that all services and responsibilities are met in as efficient a manner as possible.
- Ensures that all automated systems are functioning at all times and coordinates all system maintenance including installations, changes and removals of hardware and/or software.
- Assists with providing mandatory training programs in order to continually increase the professionalism of the staff and coordinates programs with other service departments.
- Review operational issues, as assigned by the Operations Manager, including the use of contracted services, scheduling methods, contingency actions, investigations, personnel functions, evaluation and labor issues.
- Selects, orientates and trains all employees within assigned areas.
- Evaluates at least annually the performance of all directly reporting employees and staff.
- Submits all completed evaluation to the Operations Manager.
- Assist in the development of scheduling matrix's to reflect manpower needs per shift.
- Provides the Operations Manager with justification for increased and/or decreased scheduling to staff.
- Attends grievance proceedings in accordance with medical center policy and applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Participates in meetings, committees, task forces, etc. to provide assistance/resources to other employees or departments as requested.
- Notifies the Operations Manager of all activities.
B.A or B.S. or equivalent; Management and/or Criminal Justice preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Knowledge of both Macintosh and IBM-compatible software, including WordPerfect and Microsoft Word. Ability to use various spreadsheets. Knowledge of facilities management and security alarm systems including card access and video image hardware and software. Knowledge of all security system hardware.
Must have all special skills or requirements included in the job description for a Public Safetyor Special Police Officer.
Must be appointable as a "Special Police Officer" in accordance with the requirements in the Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 22.
MA driver's license
CPR and First Aid for special police officer
4 - 6 years preferred minimum of five years of experience in medical center security or equivalent including at least three years of supervisory responsibility.
Req id: 16059 Apply