The individual should demonstrate goal-oriented and results driven attitude, and be able to function and manage without direct supervision. The individual should have an advanced capacity to establish and navigate organizational and interpersonal relationships and independently lead initiatives and maintain a positive attitude, and demonstrate maturity and professionalism in all interactions.
The Pharmacy Manager Strategy and Operations ensures compliance with department policies and procedures, department mission and value statements, hospital core beliefs, as well as any federal or state regulations pertaining to or governing pharmacy practice.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
The Pharmacy Manager of Strategy and Specialty Operations has primary responsibilities which include but are not limited to:
- Effectively lead, communicate and work within team and cross-functional departments
- Establish, monitor and maintain team productivity, adjust operations accordingly to meet patient care needs, advocate and justify new positions and team growth accordingly
- Schedule, allocate resources and manage operations within FTE budget
- Supervise, delegate, and direct activities to improve operations and move projects to completion
- Recognize priority initiatives and manage time and resources to support successful implementation and maintenance
- Participate in budgeting and financial reporting in collaboration with Director of Strategy and Implementation, including: identifying forecast needs, market and program trends impacting specialty service lines
- Establish and report on key operational and performance metrics relevant to service line
- Ability to tackle complex and unstructured problems by efficiently identifying the critical issues
- Relentless drive towards potential solutions and naturally adapts to alternatives when necessary; appropriately escalates issues to senior leadership when intervention is necessary
- Maintain accountability for the operations to support financial performance and growth within the specialty service line
- Monitor all in-scope pharmacy business systems and recommend opportunities for improvement and service line growth
- Prepares information and develops presentations at executive level meetings
- Develops self-knowledge and skills through professional development activities and mentorship
- Identify and develop team members
- Creation and maintenance of a health work environment. A healthy work environment is one where:
- Leadership supports and leads, models behavioral standards and sets an example for how to do things correctly
- People feel supported, held accountable, standards are applied and expectations are clear
- Leadership is engaged in the department, manages up, owns team decisions and supports developmental and organizational initiatives
- Leadership holds self and others to highest ethical standards, and acts with honor above all else; effectively exercises human resource responsibility, including effective discipline, recognition and team performance
- Maintain compliance and adherence to all Federal, State and Local laws, rules and regulations, and local policies and procedures
- Maintain compliance with all applicable accreditation standards
Work requires a terminal degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy (B.S. or Pharm.D). Either an MBA, MS, or a Residency in Pharmacy Practice from an accredited program or equivalent is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Licensure as a Pharmacist in the state of Massachusetts
Five years of relevant pharmacy experience, of which 2-3 are in a management/directly supervising employees.
Demonstrated leadership skills through experiences and examples.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Comprehensive understanding of procedures, systems and equipment used by pharmacists and technicians in front end operations, and high level of proficiency in performing all duties and responsibilities within scope of team activities.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft excel, Microsoft power point, think cell, and analytics
- Proficiency with all relevant health system systems
- Project management
Req ID: 15942Apply