The Research Assistant will work on a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) funded study examining the impact of public health-public safety post-overdose outreach as well as perform other administrative duties to support additional studies and activities led by the principal investigator. The research assistant will be an active member of a larger, multidisciplinary research team and will be exposed to a variety of research projects and activities.
- Participant recruitment, enrollment, and retention activities
- Data collection, entry, management, quality assurance, coding, and reporting activities
- Assist with miscellaneous administrative tasks related to research operations (i.e., basic operational support)
- Assist in literature reviews and presentation creation
- Participate in meetings and ongoing trainings
- A bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities at the same time effectively
- Cultural sensitivity and a commitment/interest in working with a range of social, racial, and ethnic populations
- Interest in learning about research on substance use disorders
Other Position Opportunities and Activities:
- Mentorship in research conduct and management
- Exposure to clinical research and research management techniques
- Human Subjects Protection training and certification
- Learning survey and qualitative research methods
- Robust health, vision and dental insurance; generous time off; MBTA pass discount; 403b Retirement Savings Plan; and more
Boston Medical Center is driven by a commitment to care for all people, providing not only traditional medical care, but also programs and services that wrap around to enhance overall health for all people seeking services at BMC. All of this supports BMC's mission to provide exceptional care, without exception. BMC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. BMC's policy is to ensure equal employment opportunities for all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job related characteristics. We view the principle of equal employment as a vital element in the employment process.
Please email a cover letter and resume/CV to Katherine Waye at Katherine.email@example.com or apply on the BMC website. Desired candidates will be requested to submit two references.
Req ID: 15814Apply