ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Develop and apply new techniques for individual-level simulation modeling
- Conduct deep and thorough review of subject literature
- Design model structure through flow charts and analysis plans
- Synthesize multiple forms of evidence to estimate parameters
- Transform raw output into digestible format
- Interpret model results to draw conclusions about public policy
- Write and edit manuscripts at various stages of development
- Attend and present at conferences and meetings
- Maintain project records and manage timelines
- Balance multiple competing projects at the same time
- Administrative tasks
Tasks related to routine administration of research projects including minutes and notes, scheduling, and logistics of travel.
Must adhere to all of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards.
Requires a bachelor's degree, preferably in mathematics, statistics, engineering, public health/epidemiology or another quantitative field, although outstanding applicants from other fields may be considered. Some demonstrated interest in healthcare or public health background should be apparent from educational record. Master's degree preferred but not required.
1 -2 years of experience in a research role preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent communication skills, including comfort with public speaking and formal writing
- Mastery of computational methods
- Understanding of infectious disease dynamics
- Previous experience with microsimulation desired- classroom experience acceptable
- Familiarity with R, SAS or other statistical programming language
- Data visualization and graphical communication useful
- A proven ability to learn and apply new technical skills
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work well with individuals from diverse social, racial, ethnic, and economic backgrounds
- Organizational ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and to prioritize duties
- Must be able to maintain strict protocols of all confidential or sensitive information
Req ID: 15738Apply