Under the general direction of the Sr. Director, the Sr. Manager, Research Finance, is responsible for the fiscal management of grants and contracts according to the terms and conditions of the sponsor. The Manager, Research Finance, will directly supervise and coordinate the work activity of a team of five Research Finance Analysts and provide career development, support and performance evaluations. Ensure all grant accounts are in good standing. Responsibilities include assisting Management in ensuring the needs of Principal Investigators and support staffs are met while complying with institutional policies and governmental regulations. Assist management in broad level reporting and analysis for the department. Lead training and education meetings and trainings to both internal and external groups. Perform other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Directly supervise and coordinate the work activity of a Research Finance Post Award team. Provide career development, support and performance evaluations.
- Oversight of post award financial transactions including all internal and external compliance related regulations.
- Maintain regular communication with departments/programs.
- Initiate and guide operational improvements to support the faculty and departments in their research related endeavors.
- Drive BMC research administration education and training to both internal and external groups.
- Manage continuous development and integration of function across Research Finance and General Accounting.
- Provide oversight and review of sponsored financial reporting at the department and institution level.
- Mediate financial challenges and serve to communicate fiscally responsible behaviors.
- Mentor RFA's in their communication with sponsor and BMC contacts for problem resolution and information gathering.
- Maintain continuous development and knowledge in research administration through conferences and other means of education.
- Oversight and review of orientation/training sessions with new principal investigators and administrators and others to ensure mutual understanding of grant and contract requirements, as well as BMC policies.
- Facilitate the innovation and streamlining of Research Operations processes.
- All other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent.
At least 5 years of relevant work experience in Research Finance/Grants Administration with minimum 2 years of supervisory/managerial experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of State, Federal and Non-Federal sponsored programs' regulations and operation policies, including OMB Circulars A-110 and A-133, OASC-3, NIH grants policy statement, and FARs.
- Working knowledge of key practices in the field of research administration.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Access, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a high degree of organizational skills and demonstrated leadership abilities. Must have the ability to promote teamwork and a strong customer service ethic to supervised personnel.
- Skill in problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines, to manage multiple priorities, and to delegate where appropriate.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Req ID: 15722Apply