- Provide support to multidisciplinary teams in the development, implementation and evaluation of quality care initiatives for specific surgical patient populations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of data collection tools
- Ensure accurate collection of data for selected, standardized measures of clinical quality
- Review accuracy of data collected from clinical records and other sources
- Enter data retrieved from clinical and administrative systems into web-based programs
- Work effectively with colleagues internally and externally to ensure that deadlines are met for data submission to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinates new and ongoing projects under the direction of the Director of Clinical Quality and Patient Safety.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support Department of Surgery quality improvement goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Serve as a resource to multidisciplinary team assisting data analysis efforts in order to identify opportunities to improve patient care for selected surgical patient populations.
- Work actively with clinical staff to facilitate the highest possible performance on selected clinical quality measures
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategies to enhance continuous improvement in process and outcomes of assigned population(s)
- Educate clinical staff, students, residents, and faculty regarding surgery clinical quality measures and BMC's performance on these measures.
- Educate clinical staff, students, residents, and faculty regarding opportunities to improve selected aspects of clinical care and the specific actions needed in order to achieve institutional goals for improvement on selected clinical quality measures.
- Actively participate on multidisciplinary quality improvement teams to meet organizational goals for selected clinical quality improvement initiatives.
- Develop and maintain positive, collaborative, supportive working relationships with the surgeons, nurses, administration, department management and staff
- Plan, organize, and prioritize work in order to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Actively participate in readiness preparation and regulatory surveys as guided by the Director of Quality and Patient Safety.
- Provide education and support to colleagues and staff regarding quality improvement
- Actively network internally and externally to develop skills, knowledge base, and opportunities to promote the quality initiatives at BMC. Participate in pertinent professional education to maintain current knowledge of best improvement practices for select patient populations.
- Utilizes hospital's cultural beliefs as the basis for decision making and to support the hospital's mission and goals.
- Participate on other improvement projects as assigned by the Director Quality and Patient Safety
Bachelors' Degree, Masters Degree,or clinical degree in relevant field preferred.
Lean methodology certification preferred.
5 to 7 years of experience in quality improvement or process improvement in a hospital or comparable environment
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office platform—Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Flowcharting/mapping, E-mail, Web/Internet.
- Ability to learn and effectively use computer software, such as electronic health records and data entry tools.
- Demonstrated skill and effectiveness in clinical quality improvement strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to establish supportive, collegial relationships;
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong writing skills
Req ID: 15549Apply