As a member of the surgical team, the surgical technician provides patient care during surgical procedures by providing an aseptic and safe environment. Duties include prepping and sterilizing rooms, transporting patients, passing instruments and providing assistance to surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses and other staff during surgery. Uses technical and aseptic techniques to ensure methodology is in compliance with established sterile standards and procedures.
Requires high school diploma or equivalent. Must also be a graduate of an accredited/approved program in surgical technology (or completed an Armed Forces medic or corpsmen program).
Surgical Technician certification required
Previous surgical tech experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively speak read and write English
- Ability to accurately interpret and use medical terminology and abbreviations
- Computer proficiency to access and enter computerized data/information.
- Effective interpersonal skills to interact appropriately with patients, families, physicians and other hospital staff.
- Organizational skills to effectively set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
Req ID: 15486Apply