ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, supports the department in the ethical practice of pharmacy on a daily basis by providing effective, appropriate, and safe pharmacy services.
- Maintains all required records and documents. Enters updated information in the computer system.
- Processes prescription orders in a timely manner; retrieves, counts, measures and prepares medications, solutions, ointments, and other compounds as directed. Ensures all work is checked by a pharmacist.
- Supports the service needs of the pharmacist relative to pharmacy services and maximized patient care outcomes. Assist the Pharmacist with all third party transactions including the completion of any paperwork.
- Conducts interpersonal communications with patients, visitors, physicians, and fellow employees in a courteous and friendly manner. Refers patients and visitors to pharmacist or manager on matters requiring their attention.
For In-patient areas:
- Responsible for pick up and delivery of patient specific medication. Delivers medications to appropriate areas in a timely manner so that patients receive the correct medications at the correct time.
- Delivers medications according to Pyxis usage reports and state regulations. Makes appropriate charges to all floors, units, and/or departments. Generates all required reports and fill sheets on a timely basis.
- Assists with drug stock inventory in pharmacy and patient care areas. Fills and delivers items as requisitioned. Fills and exchanges medications for code carts, as needed.
- Communicates to pharmacists and/or pharmacy manager on malfunctioning equipment and unsafe working conditions.
- Performs related administrative tasks. Maintains daily / weekly reports and delivers reports as assigned.
- Assists the department with maintaining inventory levels, pulls outdated / recalled merchandise, as directed.
- Maintains own professional and specialized competency, including the following:
- Assumes responsibility for participating in experiences necessary to ensure appropriate skill development and training.
- Maintains and displays appropriate knowledge of developments in the field through continuing education, reviewing pertinent literature and/or by attending professional meetings.
- Attends and participates in hospital and other management training and development workshops.
- Maintains excellent familiarity with appropriate department policies and procedures, including adhering to the following:
- Adapts to changes in the departmental needs including but not limited to: offering assistance to other team members, floating, adjusting assignments, etc.
- Maintains all designated medical information confidential as per established protocols.
- Maintains work environment in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilizes hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision making and to support the department and the hospital's mission and goals.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
Performs other duties as needed.
Must adhere to all of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards.
(The above statements in this job description are intended to depict the general nature and level of work assigned to the employee(s) in this job. The above is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of accountable duties and responsibilities required).
Requires a high school diploma (or State accepted equivalency).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy and PTCB/ExCpt certified or have a Massachusetts Pharmacy Intern License.
None required; 6 months - 1 year experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Work requires effective interpersonal skills to interact appropriately with hospital staff, patients, families/visitors, physicians, colleagues, and others.
- Ability to speak the English language, read, interpret and follow complicated verbal and written instruction with precision, accuracy and dependability.
- Additional language skills (beyond that of English) appropriate to the patient population served is very helpful.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize essential tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong match skills required; ability to perform work accurately and pay attention to details, including being able to perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, ratios/proportions).
- Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information.
- Must maintain the required level of competency to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Req ID: 15239Apply