ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Obtains medication histories on all assigned patients during scheduled shifts
- Performs patient and/or caregiver interviews to obtain dose and frequency of current medications including prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, and herbal supplements
- Calls outpatient pharmacies or other healthcare facilities to confirm medication regimens or investigate discrepancies when necessary
- Communicates medication-related issues to all appropriate health care professionals
- Writes formal notes in the electronic medical record where appropriate, documenting the findings of the medication history
- Provides exemplary customer service to Boston Medical Center staff and patients
- Delivers exceptional care to patients with empathy and respect
- Maintains the confidentiality of all designated hospital and patient information at all times
- Conforms to Boston Medical Center's standards of conduct so that the best possible customer service and patient care experience is provided:
- Conducts interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors, physicians and fellow employees in a courteous and customer friendly manner
- Takes corrective action to improve performance on problem areas
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures
- Utilizes hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision making and to support the hospital's mission and goals
- Performs other related tasks as needed/as assigned
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of a healthy work environment. A healthy work environment is one where people feel supported, held accountable, where standards are applied and expectations are clear. A healthy work environment is one where leadership supports and leads, models behavioral standards and sets the example for how to do all things right. Critical responsibilities related to this:
- Being engaged in the department, including managing up, owning team decisions, and communicating and supporting departmental and or organizational initiatives.
- Hold self and others to the highest ethical standards, and act with honor above all.
Must adhere to all of BMC's core values.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent degree and strong mathematical skills.
Preferred : Some college, and associates or Bachelor's degree
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Required - Registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy.
Required - National pharmacy technician certification from either Pharmacy Tech Certification Board (PTCB) or Exam of Certified Pharmacy Techs (ExCPT)
Required: 4 years of pharmacy technician experience.
Preferred: At least 1 - 2 years of related outpatient/retail pharmacy experience (order processing, prescription adjudication, third party problem resolution, customer service).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent English communication skills (spoken and written). Must be able to read, interpret and convey complicated verbal and written instruction with precision, accuracy and dependability. Additional language skills are helpful.
- Ability to work independently to accomplish assigned daily tasks to expectation, consistently, and on-time
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective and strong interpersonal skills to interact appropriately with nursing staff, patients, families/visitors, physicians, colleagues, and other hospital staff
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize essential tasks and meet deadlines
- Basic computer proficiency including ability to enter, and interpret computerized data/information. Familiarity with Epic is desirable.
- Must maintain the required level of competency to perform the essential duties and responsibilities
Req ID: 15238Apply