Report, monitor and identify areas for revenue cycle improvement through analysis of various data streams with the goal of improved financial performance; collaboration with all service lines across BMC; modifies and maintains policies and procedures as needed for Patient Financial Services, Revenue Integrity, faculty practice and hospital departments
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- The Business Analyst provides direct support on projects, designed to reinforce the hospitals strategic goals and increase operational efficiencies.
- Gathers and analyses data; interprets results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining.
- Serves as organization resource for web-based reporting in VisiQuate. Assists in the proliferation and training of tool, and assists organizational leadership in creation of custom dashboards.
- Maintains/updates MS Access databases as needed; troubleshoots and resolves issues/errors.
- Applies SQL Database knowledge and concepts in projects as needed.
- Works in collaboration with team members throughout the organization to coordinate audit schedules and prepare data for internal and external audits. Acts as liaison to auditors to address questions and additional data requests.
- Promotes team work, company goals, win-win attitude, performs dedicated actions to achieve tangible results
- Performs other duties as directed or assigned.
- Must adhere to all principles of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards.
Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in business, computer science, finance, economics, or related field.
Minimum of one year of experience in healthcare finance, financial reporting, or related field.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Access, Excel and other applications.
- Experience with SQL, VBA and statistical analysis tools.
- Experience with GE, SDK and EPIC a plus.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and revenue cycle processes.
- Familiarity with insurance carrier policies and rejection codes.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate/synthesize processes and large data sets for trend analysis and operations improvement.
- Strong reporting skills, accuracy and detail-oriented focus.
- Logical Data Analysis, understanding Data and their Relationships is critical for this position.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to follow and develop detailed policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze data for operations efficiency, auditing, and root cause analysis.
Req ID: 15091Apply Back to Top