ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws, regulations and rules and with all accreditation standards. Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all policies and procedures of the organization.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and understand patient sensitivity in the matters of financial and legal documents requests as well as in maintaining all designated hospital information at all times.
- Conforms to Boston Medical Center's standards of conduct so that the best possible customer service and patient care experience is provided:
Conducts interpersonal relationship with patients, visitors, physicians and fellow employees in a courteous and customer friendly manner
Takes corrective action to improve performance on problem areas
Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures
Utilizes hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision making and to support the hospital's mission and goals
- Assist the Pharmacists with all third party transaction including the completion of any paperwork
- Performs all department required quality assurance responsibilities
- Must possess self-management skills and require little to no supervision. This person must be self-motivating, have a strong work ethic and must have the ability to self-identify issues or opportunities that required attention and change. Must possess and exhibit process improvement skills and acumen.
- Communicates medication-related issues to all appropriate health care professionals
- Train and guide Pharmacy support staff, Pharmacy Technicians, I/V Room Staff, and Students/Interns in team development, skills, and responsibilities
- Participates in the annual performance evaluation of technicians. This includes general performance feedback, retraining, staff development.
- Supervises the work of; pharmacy interns, Tech 1, Tech 2 & Tech 3 assigned to shifts in the main pharmacy.
- Ensures daily documentation of necessary quality assurance standards. Monthly: collates, summarizes into trending reports, and files quality assurance documents for all pharmacy areas.
- Assist in maintaining the overall cleanliness of the Pharmacy area
- Supports the service needs of the pharmacists relative to Pharmacy services and maximized patient care outcomes. These needs, include but are not limited to communications with providers on behalf of the pharmacist, assisting the pharmacist with all third party transactions, online adjudication resolution, expedition of discharge, delivery, transplant, high risk patients prescriptions.
- Obtains medication histories on all assigned patients during scheduled shifts
- Assist the department with maintaining inventory levels, pulls outdated/ recalled merchandise, as directed
- Maintains Proficiency to work in the following areas of the pharmacy; narcotic distribution, packing and repacking, Pyxis Carousel System (dispensing, cycle counts, restocking, and returns), O.R. satellite functions, computer skills, general distribution skills, refilling and outdating medications in the automated dispensing cabinet, inventory maintenance and expiration checking
- Maintain daily/weekly reports
- Processes drug recalls in a timely manner when informed by the FDA and Drug Companies
- Provides orientation and training to new staff on Inpatient operations and daily functions
- Approves employee timecards each week
- Coaches team members and addresses any disciplinary issues
- Develops the monthly schedule, approves vacation requests, and approves requests to switch shifts
- Must adhere to all of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards
(The above statements in this job description are intended to depict the general nature and level of work assigned to the employee(s) in this job. The above is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of accountable duties and responsibilities required).
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the Board of Pharmacy. Must also have national certification (CPT) from Pharmacy Tech Certification Board (PTCB) or Exam of Certified Pharmacy Techs (exCPT)
Requires 3 or more years related work experience. Inpatient Pharmacy and IV Sterile Compounding experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal skills to interact appropriately with hospital staff, patients, families/visitors. Physicians, colleagues, and others.
- Ability to speak the English language read / interpret and follow complicated verbal and written instruction with precision, accuracy, and dependability.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize essential tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform work accurately and pay attention to details, including being able to perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, ratios/proportions).
- Leadership ability to guide, direct, and mentor staff.
- Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information.
- Must maintain the required level of competency to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Req ID: 15081Apply