- High school diploma or GED certificate required
- Requires one year of previous experience as a nursing assistant in an acute hospital setting, or is enrolled in a nursing program and has completed two cycles of clinical rotation or success completion of an approved certified nursing assistant training program.
- Ability to effectively speak, read and write using the English language.
- ·Multilingual skills (beyond that of English) in languages appropriate to the patient populations served by the Medical Center is preferred.
- Ability to perform basic math and quantitative measurements, e.g., obtain height and weight, abdominal girths, measure urine output, calorie counts, etc
- ·Ability to accurate interpret and utilize basic medical terminology and abbreviations
- Ability to enter and retrieve computerized information/data.
- Ability to pass clinical competency testing and basic math and abbreviation test.
- Physical ability to push, transfer, and pull heavy loads (e.g. independently transport average-sized patient via wheelchair and stretcher, etc.) throughout assigned shift.
- Physical ability to meet core job requirements in accordance with practice setting demands for the patient populations regularly served.
- Effective interpersonal skills to interact appropriately with nursinging staff, patients, families/visitors, physicians, and other hospital staff.
- Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
- Ability to manage stress related to patient care issues, and changing organizational climate and personnel issues.
- BLS/CPR required
Req ID: 15057Apply Back to Top
+ READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION