Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Hours 12-7:30AM) (SEIU) Emergency Department On Call
This overnight position (12:00am-7:30am) is located in the Emergency Department, requires on-call and the ability to arrive on-site within 30 minutes of beingpaged.
- Requires Master's Degree from an accredited school of Social Work
- Requires a Massachusetts license as a Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
- Crisis experience preferred.
- Knowledge about trauma and experience providing trauma-informed care required.
- Previous experience in hospital or healthcare setting preferred.
- Excellent English language skills to summarize and communicate orally and in writing moderately complex information in varied formats to internal and external customers.
- Cultural sensitivity and comfort with a wide range of racial and ethnic populations. Cultural competence is very important. Bicultural/Bilingual competency a plus.
- Computer literacy with ability to use standard word processing, spreadsheet programs and e-mail (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Outlook) and web browsers.
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic work environment (sense of humor is valued).
- Provides support to patients and families dealing with acute grief, catastrophic injuries or illness, abuse/protective concerns, intimate partner violence, community violence, and death.
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary teams on behalf of patients and families.
- Consults with Child Protection Team regarding suspected abuse/neglect and mandated reporting.
- Provides brief interventions and develops safety plans with patients as needed.
- Completesbiopsychosocial assessments and other specialized trauma assessments.
- Provides trauma informed, strengths-based interventions on behalf of patients and families.
- Screens and assesses patients for needs regarding social determinants of health.
- Provides case management and advocacy on behalf of patients and families.
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary teams and community providers on behalf of patients and families.
- Provides crisis intervention and problem solving support as needed.
- Develops and maintains effective therapeutic relationships with patients and families.
- Other related tasks as assigned by manager.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. ?
Req ID: 14983Apply Back to Top