- 3 years inpatient coding experience in a level 1 Trauma, Teaching Facility.
- Level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of an Associate's Degree in Health Information, Medical Records or similar program. An equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility, may be substituted for the stated education and experience requirements.
Requires inpatient CCS, RHIT or RHIA credentials from AHIMA
- CCS coding credential requires inpatient coding experience before taking exam
- RHIT and RHIA must have associate's and bachelor's degree respectively before taking exam.
Preferred: Insurance Billing Specialist certificate or Certificate in Medical Coding
- Work requires in-depth knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 Coding conventions and knowledge of the various DRG systems (CMS DRGs, AP-DRG, and APR-DRGs). Work also requires basic concepts of human anatomy, physiology and pathology.
- Experience with ICD-10 for diagnoses and procedures
- Strong knowledge of health records, computer systems, Microsoft applications, data integrity, and processing techniques required.
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to multi-task, prioritize essential tasks, follow-through and meet timelines.
- Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems appropriately using job knowledge and current policies/procedures.
- Ability to work cooperatively with members of the healthcare delivery team and staff, ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule and to respond quickly to urgent requests.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of all personal/health sensitive information and ensure compliance of HIPAA rules and regulations.
Req ID: 14925Apply Back to Top
+ READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION