Major responsibilities include working with the study team to manage and coordinate all activity within the Community Engagement Core by building and maintaining relationships with communities, investigators, and collaborators and vendors. The Research Project Manager will work closely with the Core Director to ensure adherence to project timelines and successful completion of core activities and aims. The Manager will be the liaison between the Community Engagement Core and the other MassHEAL cores, as well as external collaborators. The Research Project Manager will be responsible for hiring, training and supervising research support staff, including a CE Specialist . Additional responsibilities include preparing and assisting development of manuscripts and presentations, coordinating meetings, and ensuring compliance with reporting to grant funding institutes. The Research Project Manager will monitor budgets and spending of the Core.
They will have a solid background in the conduct of Community Based Participatory Research as well as project management experience. They will work closely with leadership from the CC, Admin, Informatics, IS and HE Cores to integrate CE activities into all aspects of the HCS. This includes representation in respective Core meetings and leading training/education of other Cores around their role in the CTH Protocol. They will manage and coordinate all CE Core meetings and staff to ensure key CE responsibilities and Milestones relative to the CTH protocol are met. They will be primarily seated at the Crosstown building at Boston Medical Center but have a regular presence at the study office in the Schraffts building in Charlestown.
1) Project Management and Implementation
- Report directly to the Director with oversight and guidance from senior research staff.
- Serve as a representative of the study, in particular with community partners and academic collaborators.
- Serve as a representative of the CE core and promote community engaged methods in internal meetings.
- Work with the project team to develop protocols and facilitate trainings.
- Work with the research team to facilitate & ensure timely protocol adherence and quality assurance activities to achieve study goals.
- Facilitate communication with other study Cores and external community organizations and sites.
- Coordinate day-to-day study activities between Community Engagement Core members.
- Oversee Community Engagement Core's adherence to overall project timeline.
- Support CE Specialist and Directors in Providing CE Technical Assistance to CEFs in the field: with focus on the PROCESS and coalition development
- Support Directors in the creation and facilitation of the MassHEAL Community Advisory Board.
- Oversee training and education of the MassHEAL research team related to community engagement competencies.
- Plan agenda, facilitate, and lead weekly core meetings and ensure that minutes are taken, edited and distributed.
- Represent MassHEAL CE Team on national calls as needed.
- Fiscal management (e.g., monitoring expenses, facilitating contracts, ordering materials).
- Contribute to development of NIH progress reports.
- Ensure that the study Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocols are updated and approved in a timely manner, particularly in relation to intervention activities.
- Work with research team to develop presentations, abstracts and manuscripts.
2) Staff Management
- Ensure adequate staffing levels for the Core are maintained.
- Supervise support staff (e.g., CE Specialist, doctoral students, etc.) including training, delegating tasks, overseeing daily activities, mentoring, guiding through demonstration of best practices and offering opportunities for professional development.
- Prepare performance evaluations, submit timesheets; responsible for hiring, disciplining and processing terminations in accordance with established polices.
- Mentor and oversee students that work on the project, as needed.
- Schedule and facilitate staff meetings.
- Submit weekly timesheets.
- Initiate disciplinary action as needed.
- Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilizes hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision making and to support the department's and the hospital's goals.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Must adhere to all of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards.
Master's degree in related field (may consider candidates with a Bachelor's degree who have at least 5 years directly related research and /or clinical experience).
- Formal education and training in social work or public health, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in public health or health care administration, including experience with the coordination of multifaceted health services, research, and/or evaluation projects, including at least 2 years of experience in personnel management.
- Experience with community facing partners and/or community engaged research methods preferred.
- Experience working with substance using populations preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Comfort and familiarity with principles of Community Based Participatory Research
- Strong skills in supervising staff and coordinating across a team
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, have exceptional writing skills, and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional communications and coordination skills, charged with establishing coordination and communications mechanism across cores to ensure the CE team is well apprised of study activities occurring in each core as well as the CE needs and priorities across cores.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as a high level of cultural intelligence (the ability to engage individuals from diverse disciplinary backgrounds as well as community stakeholders).
- Experience in data analysis and manuscript preparation is helpful.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Power Point, and Excel is essential.
- Cultural sensitivity and comfort with a wide range of social, racial and ethnic populations.
- Organizational ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and to prioritize duties.
Req ID: 14924Apply