Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs all repairs and maintenance of all heating/cooling and ventilating components for efficient and cost effective BMC operations.
• Performs all repairs and maintenance of refrigeration systems included but not limited to kitchen equipment ice machines water bubblers etc.
• Operates tests and overhauls a variety of air conditioning, ventilation, refrigeration systems and associated equipment. Performs tasks within capabilities involving piping systems, motors and controllers.
• Maintains and performs repairs on HVAC equipment, using knowledge of pneumatic control systems and/or of electronic control systems.
• Sets up scaffolding, rigging and ladders as necessary in a manner consistent with safety codes.
• Estimates time and materials required; keeps computerized records and submits reports of work performed.
• Performs daily record keeping requirement, including entering and updating work performed in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Maintains appropriate service and repair records.
• Perform cycle counts and inventories equipment parts and supplies. Places orders for supplies when supplies are below par.
• Maintains a clean and dust-free work environment.
• Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
• May assist with training and monitoring the work of other junior staff or temporary help in the area.
• Assists and serves as back up to other Facilities employees within the scope of their abilities and skill set.
• Adapts to changes in the departmental needs including but not limited to: adjusting assignments, being flexible to work different hours when needed, etc.
• Utilizes hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision making and to support the department and the hospital's mission and goals.
• Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service may be provided.
• Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
• Other related duties as needed.
Req ID: 14920Apply