General Functions ?
- Serves as the key support for the assigned department ensuring the department operates in an effective, efficient, and professional manner.
- ? Oversees/coordinates specific projects; provides leadership in project management; gathers deliverables from required constituents; tracks, analyzes, and makes recommendations or raises concerns on status reports, issue resolution, and program actual against project charter, budget, and/or plan.
- ? Acts as liaison between departments and makes independent decisions to ensure adherence to quality procedures.
- ? Provides administrative support to the assigned department(s), including, but not limited to: scheduling appointments, scheduling meetings, taking meeting notes, following up on meeting-generated tasks, preparing documents, spreadsheets and presentation slides.
- ? Independently composes high level correspondence and documentation of professional quality. Edits and proofreads all written materials and verifies the validity of data for all documents and reports prior to submission/distribution.
- ? Maintains departmental calendars accurately with particular attention to preventing scheduling conflicts.
- ? Organizes and coordinates departmental meetings or committees, including reserving conference rooms, sending and tracking invitations, procuring food and beverage if necessary and ensuring vendor payment. Sets up room and equipment (such as conference calls, audio-visual equipment, projector, etc., as needed).
- ? Prepares meeting agenda; prepares and distributes information packages required for meetings. Takes and prepares minutes of meetings. Ensures that minutes and other written documents are professional and accurate.
- ? Makes registration and travel arrangements, including hotel reservations. Provides written itineraries for all travel plans.
- ? Handles telephone calls in a professional, courteous speaking manner; determines nature of all calls and initiates appropriate disposition. Assures that all messages are accurate and forwarded promptly to the appropriate party.
- ? Deals discreetly with highly sensitive, confidential written, electronic, and oral communications concerning staff, department, and hospital matters. Exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance to the department and the institution.
- ? Serves as the department administrative expert with regards to compliance policies & departmental procedures.
- ? Manages purchasing, invoices and accounts payable for the department. Manages subscriptions. Assists the Principal Investigator with monitoring departmental budget and account balances, helping managers to stay within approved budgets, and documenting all approved variances.
- ? Monitors and maintains inventory of office supplies and equipment. Purchases supplies as needed and stays within established budget. Keeps office equipment in working order and contacts IT or service provider, as necessary, for repairs or replacements.
- ? Maintains the monthly schedule for department coverage. Maintains matrix of hours worked, leaves and vacation/sick time for the Department. Submits weekly timesheets to manager, and when authorized by the Director, submits timesheets to Payroll department.
- ? May perform office related duties such as picking up mail, categorizing and delivering mail, storing and distributing office
- Provide support for M.Ds and/or senior management as necessary.
Support the recruitment and onboarding for new clinicians within the Division of newborn medicine including interview schedules, academic appointments, etc.
Support the development of academic promotion packets.
Coordinates interview schedules and detailed itineraries. Responsible for the management, planning, and coordination of tours, luncheons, meetings, and site visits.
Tracks all data, correspondence, committee and administrative operations related to the department and associated committees.
Provides research and administrative support for special projects, preparing grant proposals, processing background checks for potential new hires and follow-up on projects.
- ?Adheres to department and hospital standards, including the following:
- Adapts to changes in the departmental needs including but not limited to: offering assistance to other team members, adjusting assignments, etc.
- Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilizes hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision making and to support the department and the hospital's mission and goals.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
- Other duties as needed.
*This position may be Exempt if the incumbent meets the FLSA criteria for overtime exemptions. For Per Diems or Temps who are not guaranteed the minimum weekly salary for exempt status, the job code will need to be reflected as non-exempt.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Minimum 3 years experience in medical or healthcare institutions, ideally in academic medicine.
- Ability to work independently, to prioritize work, to anticipate deadlines, and to concentrate on and pay attention to detail. Excellent problem-solving skills; takes initiative to anticipates problems; seeks solutions proactively.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills; pleasant, courteous, and helpful telephone manner and professional demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to be socially perceptive in accepting, relaying, and respecting confidential information, communicating policies and procedures, and dealing with individuals from variety of disciplines and diverse backgrounds. Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. ?
- Requires strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web browsers.
- Excellent record-keeping skills, office organizational skills, and computer literacy necessary for entering and manipulating statistical data, creating schedules, and maintaining detailed, accurate, and complete records of departmental activities and confidential personnel/training records.
- Must be able to maintain strict protocols of all confidential or sensitive information.
Req ID: 14855Apply Back to Top