Working in conjunction with all disciplines, responsibilities include prioritization and assignment of all inpatients, observation and surgical day care patients to inpatient beds. Works with supervisory staff to maintain a systematic review and assessment of bed availability. Ensures appropriate assignment based on clinical need and staffing constraints. Conducts registration duties with accuracy. Utilizes customer service skills when interacting with patients and co-workers.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
Bed Scheduling duties:
- Utilize and update computer online systems (BMC BedBoard and Edits) for bed placement:
- Maintain efficient patient placement in the inpatient bed setting based on scripted criteria for type of bed, service and/or firm assignment
- Collaborate with nursing, and medical staff in assessing patient needs and appropriate placement of individual patients
- Facilitates daily bed meeting and identifies issues at bed meeting
- “Trouble shoots” and communicates with supervisor when bed availability is tight and need to make alternative plans
- Instruct and educate physician's office staff on proper procedures for booking admissions and levels of care classifications
- Corresponds with external agencies for all transfers/direct admits to ensure appropriateness of admission and timeliness of transfer
- Identifies and recommends process changes to continuously improve bed management operations
- Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilizes customer services skills when interviewing patients, families and/or referring physicians during the registration process
- Conducts patient registration online according to established procedures to ensure data accuracy and proper reimbursement from third-party payor and patients.
- Verifies patient eligibility for insurance coverage updates online system as needed.
- Obtains patients online consent for treatment.
- Directs patients to proper departments for information about insurance coverage, free care, care net etc.
- Completes free care applications as needed
- Collaborates with the Medical Records Dept. regarding patient duplicate medical record numbers
- Accepts patient valuables and follows hospital procedure for securing of them
- Maintains current knowledge of the online system application for registration MPI (Master Patient Index)
- Adapts to changes in the departmental needs including but not limited to: offering assistance to other team members, adjusting assignments, etc.
- Utilizes hospital's Values as the basis for decision-making and to facilitate the division's hospital mission.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Requires knowledge generally acquired through the completion of a high school education
Requires at least two years of previous experience in registration, medical office work or managed care. One year of registration experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Computer skills are essential-including Microsoft Office and Internet
- Requires the ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Customer service experience is essential
Req ID: 14851Apply Back to Top